Budget emulator box?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anyone made one recently? was considering making a cheap as possible emulator box for my kids to run older emulators right upto maybe playstation 1 - 2 emulators, really have no experience with emu boxes though :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
RetroPie

I set up this. Was a 128gb image for a sd card with shed loads of old systems and games on it.

I got a 7 inch screen for the pie and set it all up in a package.

But you can connect it to the tv.

This is prob the cheapest way to emu.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You can run emulators over steam link btw.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can run emulators over steam link btw.
Interesting. Got any links?

Got the steam link running downstairs. The majority of my gaming's upstairs on the proper telly but geeky interest n all that ;)

Wouldn't mind getting plex running on it either. The native plex client on my sony telly is fucking awful.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Got the steam link running downstairs. The majority of my gaming's upstairs on the proper telly but geeky interest n all that ;)

Wouldn't mind getting plex running on it either. The native plex client on my sony telly is fucking awful.

You just add the emulator client as a non-steam game and launch it through that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You just add the emulator client as a non-steam game and launch it through that.
I got one. But you would have to run it from a running pc? Like the steam games? Where as the retropie runs indepentant

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Response from Bodhi in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
I can do it if you like.

I run plex on my sonology nas and play the videos from the standard bravia video player. I dont need plex on my bravia.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have a vita and am going to jail break that next and put emulators on it

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
F961AB83-1DE9-49DE-B115-FE8D2875DBDB.jpeg Put retroarch on my vita this evening. Just got a speccy game on there atm. But wasnt too difficult.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just installed a 128gb sd card into my vita. By passing the proprietry card thats 32gb.

With retro arch

Got a couple of rom archives downloaded. One with ninty stuff the other with speccy. Will add those into retroarch. Boom. Portable emu box :). Can still run the vita games too :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Does it not support Plex cast function? I tend to find Plex clients are hit and miss so it's easier to control it from a mobile.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Does it not support Plex cast function? I tend to find Plex clients are hit and miss so it's easier to control it from a mobile.
Hate messing around with phones to control stuff tbh.

After turning the steam link on and playing about for a little bit I've not bothered at all.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Meh, it does indeed seem EmuParadise has gone down. Fucking Nintendo, they show no interest in blocking roms of Nintendo games until they start force feeding them onto the Switch, cunt ends. Torrents > Nintendos shit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Meh, it does indeed seem EmuParadise has gone down. Fucking Nintendo, they show no interest in blocking roms of Nintendo games until they start force feeding them onto the Switch, cunt ends. Torrents > Nintendos shit.
Yeah most of the rom sites have followed suit. Those who havent try and get you to download .exe as a rom which i am not doing.

Tell me if you want me to give you the name of the rom files i got from the high seas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom