Bt Are Fucking Wankers

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
So yeah, I'm on BT 512k connection, and I'm getting disconnected randomly. I've had 7 disconnections in the last 15 minutes and prior to that I'd lasted 13 hours without a disconnection. The day before that I'd had about 20 in a day, and so forth. There seems to be no pattern to it. I've got microsplitters fitted everywhere and everything is configured correctly to the best of my knowledge. I've tried there shite BT broadband help program and its fucking useless, and I've checked on the website and theres no scheduled maintanence for my area (its been happening pretty much since I've got it 2 weeks ago anyway)

So my question is

1) What the christ is going on?

2) do I HAVE to use this BT voyager 210 router if I have BT adsl, or can I buy a different router? When its working I have 4 green lights. Power/DSL/Internet/Ethernet (ethernet flickers) and when it fucks up, All but power and ethernet turn off. My phoneline has been fine (also BT) so I've got a feeling it might be a router issue.

Cheers ladskis.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You can use any ADSL router you like. If the DSL light is off, there's a problem with the phone line - contact BT and get them to do a line test. Are you far away from the exchange?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Well I just rang BT, and the woman informed me she believed there might be line faults. She didn't sound very confident though. Shes forwarding me to the special people to run some "advanced tests" and they will get back to me within 48 hours.

leggy

Probably Scottish
There are two likely faults categories.

1) A PSTN fault which is usually fixed quite rapidly. Call 152 (I think this is BT's PSTN domestic faults line, it's been a while) and have them run a line test.

2) A fault on the ADSL circuit. This will have to be reported through the ADSL provider and not BT (Unless BT are your ISP). Good luck with getting that one fixed. If the operator is decent he will realise and book a fault to have some gypo from BT wholesale have a look at it. Otherwise you could wait a while depending on your provider. Having worked for BT in the distant past I know that the majority of 'technical' support agents are wank and will pass you off before you get someone with some sense.

I realise that this is probably no help but it does sound like a genuine fault and something that should be picked up in good time. If you have no luck with the woman you have spoken to then call the ISP tech support line a report a fault.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers Leggmeister. Its actually been alright since the phonecall, oddly enough. Perhaps they sorted it. Well, I'll see how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom