BSoD

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
you tried removing the ATI driver with their uninstall utility, cleaning it all up.. and sticking on either 4.4 or 4.3 CATS? this is presuming your running the latest.

if you arnt, clean them out and install the 4.5's

Clown

Part of the furniture
Jupitus said:
Have you tried enabling punkbuster?
Why? As it happens, I have... but why?

I didn't try using older drivers, but Vietnam has severe problems with the older ones. I tried cleaning up and installing 4.5 though.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Clown said:
Why? As it happens, I have... but why?

I didn't try using older drivers, but Vietnam has severe problems with the older ones. I tried cleaning up and installing 4.5 though.

Player from our clan was reporting being kicked to desktop because it wasn't enabled... occurred to me that a kick to desktop might be causing your particular machine a more severe issue.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
Catsby has a colleague who purchased a saphire 9800. Catsby recalls that it would reset after about 3 or 4 mins of play.

The solution was simple, in Catsby's opinion: Check the voltage that is being supplied to your 12V rails. Catsby knows that some MB's allow it to be altered by the user, and that even a relatively small lack of power (ie less than 12V) can cause these odd happenings.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Right, what the bloody hell is this. That bluescreen I get is exactly the same every time, similar to that viaarenaforums link, and ONLY when I play BF:V on an online server... I can play with 32 bots online, but locally. I can play Quake 2, Raven Shield, Warcraft 3, Quake 3 all online. WHAT THE FUCK?

WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm sending this back anyway and I bought a new 9800 Pro, so I'll have two...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom