Bsod problems.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Hey guys, as some of you probably noticed from another thread I've recently bought a new pc and I'm constantly having problems with bluescreening and the thing resetting. It's only actually happened when I've been installing/playing WoW, or running a benchmark program.

I've checked my user guide for my motherboard and I'm thinking that maybe the RAM I've actually got may not be compatible with my mobo. I've tried putting it in different memory slots etc, and no dice. So just wondering, could this be a problem with my RAM, or am I using the right slots or?

Also!
@Wazz, I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty similar setup etc, which two sockets on your mobo is your ram connected to?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Billargh : This may be a "simple" case of slowing down the RAM slightly. Pop into your BIOS and rootle around until you find the RAM setup - lots of numbers and voltages. You'll come across something called "timings" - these will either be numbers or something like "default/fast/turbo/oc". Either select the next bunch of numbers up (so if it says 4-4-4-11, go up to 5-5-5-12 or something)
I don't know what the modern timings are like as I've long given up overclocking, which is where they're most often used, but it will be very similar. If it's "default" then see if there's a "failsafe" setting or similar

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also!
@Wazz, I'm pretty sure we've got a pretty similar setup etc, which two sockets on your mobo is your ram connected to?

I should expect they are in 1 and 2, not had any issues like this but then I've not tried running anything mega yet. :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
@Wazz - Just looking through the user guide and my memorys currently in B1, but this is the first time I've tried it with just one stick in instead of two, so only running with 2gb atm and every seems fine. So hopefully it's just a problem with one of the ram modules.

@Kryt - If stuff goes tits up I'll give that shot, cheers. I've never changed the speeds or anything on it as of yet, I'm to scared to even think of overclocking things :p But like I say, if stuff goes bad I'll try lowering a few things. :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ok well it's still fucked, I'll try your method in a minute Kryt.

Also, love how great Windows 7 is at telling you about the problem.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 19

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I'd try a BIOS update before fiddling with settings, but that's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom