Misc Browsing on Amazon

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have a problem with Amazon, when browsing on this PC i'm on now, all the product pictures are off centre a cover up some of the info text of that product. Its ok on my work laptop and it doesn't happen with any other website (that I have noticed)

This only started a couple of weeks ago too

Any ideas what it might be?

Chilly

Balls of steel
could be a dns hijack virus thats proxying all your traffic and somehow breaking it. I'd check all your network settings. Does it happen for other browsers on your PC?

Edmond

Say what now...?

I don't use any other browser, just IE10, I tried re installing it but it just say I have the latest version and doesn't need updating?

Is there a way of uninstalling IE and then re installing it?

I'll download FF and see what happens

Cheers

Edmond

Jeez, I have not used FF for a long time, but it was soooo slow, but Amazon was ok using it

Any help on what to do to sort out DNS hijack?

I have run Malwarebytes but it did nowt

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It might be an add on causing the issues, can you show us a screenshot of the ie add ons that you have installed?

Edmond

when you say add ons, do you mean things like search bars and stuff?

I never tick the boxes for those sort of things

Syri

FH is my second home
It might be some corrupt data in cache. try going onto the page and pressing ctrl+f5, that should force it to reload the entire page from the server, rather than use cache. My mum had a similar issue with facebook once, and that solution cleared it up.

Edmond

No, that's not cleared it, even did it on a page that was out of sync, still did nothing. Thanks though

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Clear history and cache. Sometimes the easiest things fix it.

Edmond

No i didnt even think to do that tbh, thanks. I'll have a look when i get home later

Just read that and that's the problem, and i have just realised that on this lappy (the work one) i'm running IE9

Thing is it only has just started happening

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Maybe there was a Windows update which caused it. If you go in Add Remove programs (Programs and features) you may be able to see IE10.

To uninstall Internet Explorer

If you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.
The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
  1. Click the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later

Edmond

Thanks for that. Is everyone using chrome now then ?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Thanks for that. Is everyone using chrome now then ?

IT Pro: Internet Explorer is the most secure browser on the market, believe it or not.
IT 'Dev': IE is the slowest fucking thing on the planet for JavaScript. Any time I have to use something where JS is involved I an guarantee JavaScript will cause a browser crash.
User: Chrome is pretty and works, I like Chrome. Lots of space and it just does the job. Who gives a shit about security.

NOTE: I use Chrome for anything non-work related.

Edmond

Maybe there was a Windows update which caused it. If you go in Add Remove programs (Programs and features) you may be able to see IE10.

To uninstall Internet Explorer

If you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.
The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
  1. Click the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later

Cheers Bahumat that has sorted it, it's re installed IE9 now and its working, although now the spell check app on FH as i'm typing has gone?

Maybe IE9 doesn't support it

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
I use Chrome, its fast, simple and I've had no problems with it.

Plus the AdBlock extension is a god send, no more ads on Facebook, YouTube etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom