Help Browser Typing.....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
When I am on the net and typing after about every thrid word the cursor leaves the text box and I have to click back on to where I was to continue typing. It does it on Mozilla and IE so I don't think it is browser specific. The border at the top of the page changes as though I have clicked on it.

This is driving me up the fucking wall and a couple of times yesterday my laptop almost visited the bottom of my garden with a boot up its arse.....look just did it then......I wasn't typing then and it happened, the cursor just left the text box as though I had pressed on the address bar.

Fucks sake :eek:

Any ideas?

Edit - Scrolling as well, I can be scrolling and the screen sort of flashes and I have to click back onto the scroll bar. It isn't me brushing the touchpad, I can sit and wait and it will do it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Got any dodgy IE toolbars installed?

Trem

Both browsers are as innocent and pure as me Meglar.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's not saying much. :(

If you open up notepad and type does it do it then as well? Something is stealing focus, is there anything dodgy in the system tray?

Alternatively, I had a dodgy Alt key on my old keyboard that stuck and would cause all sorts of odd things to happen when I typed. Give all the dead keys (Shift, Control, Alt, Start) a poke to see if one of them is sticking.

Last edited:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Laptop, are you not accidentally leaning on the trackpad? ;)

Trem

Hmmmm maybe I have sussed it....or maybe not. The laptop is a Dell XPS 15z and it has a backlit keyboard which uses a light sensor to light up when it is dull/dark, it seems that turning off the backlit keyboard has possibly sorted it. Everytime the keyboard lit up or turned off it seems that is when the cursor was being a dick.

Ta for your replies luvs, lets see if this has fixed it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Is it not the mouse pad? If you can effectively 'left click' by tapping the mousepad you might be brushing this when typing and it's moving the cursor & clicking.

Trem

I can use a typing wand from 8 foot away and it would do it. It does it when I aren't even touching any part of the laptop. Light thing seems to work but it's a pain in rectum having to turn it off after every boot.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
updated touchpad drivers? could be a bug in the version you have, or could have become corrupted....?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom