Browse a directory

R

raw

Hi, quick question!

All i want to do is when people go to a specific directory like mydomain.com/images i want them to be able to see the contents of the directory rather than get permision denied like they currently do.

Thanks

U

[UKLans]Khan

You have to change the permissions on the webserver to allow browsing.

In IIS you have to go into IIS, right click the directory you want to allow and tick the allow directory browsing tick box.

This does mean that if it's a hosted site you will have to send them an e-mail or if the have a good hosting control pannel that allows it.

Khan

J

Jonty

Khan is exactly right (as usual? :p). If you're trying to achieve what you mention here on BarrysWorld, however, I believe it's unlikely the relevant settings will be changed for you.

That said, it may well be possible to create a simple PHP script which could generate a page similar to what you describe. All you would then need to do is place this PHP script in an index.php file (or equivalent) and place a copy in each of the relevant folders.

Kind Regards

M

Mr. 47

is there a PHP function to count / display the files in a directory, i need one a while back for a gallery...

J

Jonty

Good man Khan :D If you need any help with the specifics Mr.47 or raw, just shout.

Kind Regards

R

raw

Nah its not for bw hosting, i've got my own domain and seperate hosting.

Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread