broadband advise

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have had just about enough of NTL so i am looking around for a decent provider, the problem is NTL seem to be the only ones that offer unlimited downloads on my 3 meg line, the next best thing i found was wanadoo who offer a 8meg line but with a 30 gig cap per month, i am fairly sure i go way past this as i download quite a lot over <cough> bittorrent <cough> if i was to switch to wanadoo and hit my limit would that mean i have no internet access at all, including daoc?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
If you go over your limit you can access 1 page which says "you are over your limit etc. etc." then your net continues and you get charged per gig. Or something along those lines :)

Check out www.pipex.net for completely unmetered adsl access. Considering they own force9, Nildram and Pipex it's not like their short of bandwidth

I'm with pipex and apart from the occasional downtime, they are perfect :)

www.adslguide.org has full comparisons between different isps.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
pff here we only have providers with a data limit.
I'm on a 20 gig / month limit atm (and the additional 10 gig I buy every month is included in that) at 5.5 mbit. It's 40gig when you download at night after 10-11pm or so I think till 8am.
They're going to boost it to 10mbit soon but who cares when there's data limits. I'd rather have a 2mbit line with no limits then this junk.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cheers guys :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Plusnet is nice
had 2 days downtime total in 2.5yrs
its a bit pricey at £21.99 for 2 mb but worth it imo
But you get a fixed ip for free :D
aaand you can save me money by putting me as a referer :p
(every referer takes 50p off your bill every month)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
haha their is a picture of a letter (probably fake) but its the bill of someone who downloaded a hefty amount of data (miles over his limit), his bill was something insane!

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm with Freedom2surf

I've found them excellent so far.

On a 2.2 Mb line atm , but once the service is upgraded i'm up to 10 Mb.

there is no cap and i've had 0 lagg ( apart from certian french servers)
so i can't complaine about my ISP =)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
I use pipex atm very little downtime nice speeds good range of products.

whatever you do though do visit adslguide.org and look at the comparisons and forums of the company you are concidering.

Make a list of things you want from your supplier and prioritise them then see which matches your needs the best.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I am with Freedom2Surf as well - 2mb connection - unmetered and unlimited downloads (with no fair use policy either) for £25 a month - stable connection - been with them for over a year with no probs, and when 8mb gets to my area - its still £25 unmetered ... most handy for erm simply browsing the bbc and sky sports and FH !

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
from what i've heard, hardley any1 is on freedom at the mo.

So it's fair game , any time of the day =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom