British woman beheaded in supermarket

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
but .. BUT .. I CRIED AT DIANA'S FUNERAL!! That means I care?!?!

See what I did there?

Did you get upset when Bin Laden was gunned down infront of his wives?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
/sigh

It is just my opinion. You can cover it up as a joke as much as you want; what it really shows is a fundamental lack of care and empathy towards others. That is the problem - people only care for themselves.

/sigh all you want, it's still funny :p

It's not about lack of care or empathy, it's a clear cut coping mechanism for the outrageous increase in information about bad stuff around the world.

If you cared for all of it, you couldn't sleep, eat, sh*t, or have a nice wank. You'd pretty much lose your mind and become a statistic among those "evil" things people do.

Ofcourse, there's option B, as in "not give a sh*t", but where does it state that we should anyway?

bainteor

Banned
That is the problem, you miss the point. No one gets it.

People text into Comic Relief and give £5, that is their good deed for the day. They no longer feel guilty. People look at the news, about another soldier dying in Afghanistan, or another murder - it is on our mind for a few minutes or so, but we go about our everyday life like nothing is wrong. These things pass us by. Someone we know dies, and we say they will never be forgotten - years later only their family bears the weight of grief.

You say you cried at Diana's funeral, I am not one to say whether you genuinely did or not, or whether you felt sorry, but what purpose does grieving for others have? To satisfy some self-persisting need to reaffirm our love for others? What of those left behind? Do we not help them?

I just don't take these things lightly, that is all. I am not saying that I am innocent, far from it. It just saddens me, that is all. So you can make fun of me for that.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
*siiigh* yes ok so we shall all be serious and respectful and not express our personal character quirks or try and make people laugh when they are probably feeling as if everything is just horrific because it might be seem as being 'inappropriate'.

We'll all be boring little grey clones who tow the line and daren't offend anyone or say anything near the knuckle, we'll bite out tongues whenever a witty remark comes to us just in case we get in trouble and hide our 'real' feelings and thoughts so deep that most people will never really know who the real us is...

Oh wait! That's what we all do IRL!! the reason I come on an internet forum is so I can actually say the shit I would never ever be able to come out with in person, I can't speak for others but I am guessing it is similar. You want to use this place to take stuff 100% seriously then fine be my guest, no one here would stop you or berate you for doing so...so probably best if you act the same and let others use this forum how they like to, no one said anything personally offensive to anyone here and really, even if they did, no one ever died from being offended.

Don't have to agree with what the dude said but can't argue with his right to say it...voltaire said something similar with a lot more finesse but the sentiment is the same.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh wait! That's what we all do IRL!!

Weeeeell.....:D Not as much so.

Don't have to agree with what the dude said but can't argue with his right to say it...voltaire said something similar with a lot more finesse but the sentiment is the same.

Quite a free spirited quote of voltaire.

"Dude, like, you don't have to agree, but he can totally say it."

Jsut reminded me of bill&ted there :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
well, really if you boil the whole quote down to it's essence it's pretty much just 'Be excellent to eachother'

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I just don't take these things lightly, that is all. I am not saying that I am innocent, far from it. It just saddens me, that is all. So you can make fun of me for that.

Sounds like you need to relax, perhaps a week in Tenerife is just what you need - it really takes the weight off your shoulders.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
now that's just asking for it, you should of quit while you were...*runs away quickly*

Nooooooo I will not do iiiiit!!!

Corran

Part of the furniture
Haha. This is turning into a great thread.

Basically, someone that spent all his previous time on this forum acting like a complete cock is moaning that people try to keep light hearted in a world where there is so much shit going on.

Will I cry for this woman? No. Do I think it is a shame that it happened? Yes.
People get killed every day. Some more extreme then others. But if I died tomorrow I would not expect random people to worry about my death.

I would rather people try to be lighthearted after their initial "my god this is shit". Then to spend their life worrying about all the twats in the world that do things a normal person wouldnt

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, what have we all learned from this?

Wear protection. Buy a stun-gun or a tazer. It is a good tradeoff even if ze police found out.

Also, do not turn your back against people with crazy eyes.

bainteor

Banned
*siiigh* yes ok so we shall all be serious and respectful and not express our personal character quirks or try and make people laugh when they are probably feeling as if everything is just horrific because it might be seem as being 'inappropriate'.

We'll all be boring little grey clones who tow the line and daren't offend anyone or say anything near the knuckle, we'll bite out tongues whenever a witty remark comes to us just in case we get in trouble and hide our 'real' feelings and thoughts so deep that most people will never really know who the real us is...

Oh wait! That's what we all do IRL!! the reason I come on an internet forum is so I can actually say the shit I would never ever be able to come out with in person, I can't speak for others but I am guessing it is similar. You want to use this place to take stuff 100% seriously then fine be my guest, no one here would stop you or berate you for doing so...so probably best if you act the same and let others use this forum how they like to, no one said anything personally offensive to anyone here and really, even if they did, no one ever died from being offended.

I respect your opinion but you must respect mine. I do not think you understood my post.

Corran said:
Haha. This is turning into a great thread.

Basically, someone that spent all his previous time on this forum acting like a complete cock is moaning that people try to keep light hearted in a world where there is so much shit going on.

It's a shame you said that. I am willing to accept where I have been in the wrong, but others are not willing to do the same. It is difficult for me to try and build a new reputation when people start saying these things.

However, you are entitled to say that, because I have not been the nicest of people, but I kindly ask you not to judge me, as a person, from what I post on FreddysHouse. The truth is that nobody knows anyone on this forum, so not a single person can be judged, however nice or obnoxious they appear to be.

But I will just go about my business and be respectful to others, you are free to say what you want.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nobody is judging you as a person, we(or i, if some disagree) just think you're a bit uptight about the issue.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Nobody is judging you as a person

indeed. you are aware that on media such as this one you are judged purely on your visible, written actions? IRL you could be the sweetest guy one would ever hope to meet, or the most godawful cock, I'll never know. All I have to go on is what you write, when, to whom, and the way it affects the other people here. What I attach to that is your known history, when I weigh...or judge, if you will...things that happen here.

so, bainteor, with respect, I personally feel that you are dealing purely with the extremes of the situations in this thread you commented on. what I mean by that is that I feel that you are regarding the thoughts of others in the light of what you, personally, would say and do. when they don't act to your ideals/ideas I guess you may feel slighted and have a need to correct them. that is well and good, and I personally enjoy it tremendously when you do, but please take in to account that these people are not you, and they may have completely other standards, thoughts, merits, morals, etc. For example when Big G makes a joke about the poor woman (which I laughed at, I must say), a whole scala of human psychology is taking place there, coupled with elements from his personality and a whole bunch of other stuff. I take all of this into account, and I do not mod his post. Ofc, were he to say "I don't care this woman is dead" or perhaps "I laughed at that news column", or perhaps, "I visited the womans grave and defecated on it" or "I am the one who killed her"...you see where I am going here? Then things are different, people will get on this fictive Big G's case, complain, arguments will occur, and I or any other mod will certainly become all nasty and horrible rather than our usual lovely fluffiness.

anyway, I will not say lighten up, or any of that crap. actually I think you are doing rather well on the forums atm. I will say however that others may ventilate thoughts or judgment calls on the forums that differ from your own while not necessarily being wrong in any -like I mentioned above- but the most black and white viewpoints. The middle ground here is vast, and generally your average forumite here will not take to the extremes.

wow, my OCD just made me type all that 0o

TdC

just remember I virtually grabbed it first!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yes i always whisper "This is from Teeds" in their ear before i disappear without a trace.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
400px-Trollface.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So it would be wrong for me to say I pissed down her open, gaping neck?

Just want to check.

TdC

did it spatter off my spunk and hit you in the eye?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom