One of Freddy's beloved
Mazling said:
Nice to hear from you cdr, but where exactly is 'down here' ? :D

Yeah, (as Emb said) New Zealand :)

Moved here in January - loving every second of it :D

logic7

Fledgling Freddie
Ash said:
Don't know how much TV you guys watch so this might not be relevant to you. I watched the first couple of episodes of Lost on Channel 4 and on the whole I was impressed with it. I firmly beleive the quality off programming coming out of America at the moment is far superior to the dross being served up on the UK screens over the course of the last few years. As such I very rarely watch anything on ITV 1,2 or 3

If there is any flex in the ITV programming schedule it is another excuse to put yet another dumbd down episode of The Street on or some god for saken "I'm a B list celebrity get me on an island with some other cretins and help my flaggin career" or some garish reality home decoration show. I really do fear for this Xmas and what kind of schedule they will put on.

Some of the excellent programmes shown on our screens from across the pond;

* Lost
* Vegas
* The Sopranos
* CSI
* Nip/Tuck
* The Apprentice
* Desperate Housewives
* The Shield
* Six Feet Under

All of the above have a mix of comedy, drama, good storylines and good acting. I just don't see anything like that over here. Maybe im doing the BBC a dis-service as they do try and put some good programming out. It's like going full circle now.

[/rant]

Ok... of the programs you listed, remove Desparate Housewives and the Apprentice and you'll have a good list. Actually, take "24" and put it into a category of it's own. NOTHING on American TV comes close to being as good as "24" except "Oz" in ti's heyday.

Now, what you guys DON'T get to see is all of the trash TV we're bombarded with. TV over here is shitty. Really shitty... Fat bird that took too much laxitive shitty. It's so bad that I usually watch cartoons all night except when "24" is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom