TV Britains really disgusting food - episode 1 - meat

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Quite disgusting but a very funny documentry.

Is anyone following this series?

The ad campaign for barely legal burgers (containing 21% beef heart) was very very amusing..

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
what channel and date/time?

things like that always make me wonder. whats so bad about beef heart? it is still muscle much like any other, and more so than for example a rack of ribs.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My parents used to eat all kinds of crap. Lambs hearts, tripe, bloody horrid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd probably buy burgers if they guaranteed more beef heart than faeces and brain scrapings in them.

As it is, I just don't like 'em.

Yoni

Broadcast on:
BBC Three, 12:15am Tuesday 3rd November 2009
Duration:
60 minutes

I am watching it on IPlayer

tris-

watching it now. these types of programs always piss me off for trying to make things seem worse than they are. especially using terms like barely legal.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What animal is Beef?

I've seen cows, pigs, sheep, chickens and all kinds of other animals and there hearts of, but never have i met this Beef animal.

Slightly more serious and slightly more on-topic; if you think you know little about processed foods, you know even LESS about "quality" foods ;)

A meaty bun with 21% heart is actually quite a gourmet burger.

Also the usual heart males put in sex :p

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
In Spain (and I guess in Italy too) they eat almost every body part of the pig, from ears, to paws and all kind of cold meats. Only thing I havent heard off is pork testicles (beef and lamb testicles are common dishes in the countryside)

Stuff is so disgusting im gonna disturb you with some images :p

Pork Stuffed Ear
tapas_oreja_al_ajillo_421.jpg

Pork veal tripe and cheeks casserole
Callos_y_morros_en_salsa_vizcaina.jpg

Pork Roasted Full Head
cabeza-de-cerdo-1233866478_full550.jpg

Pork Stuffed Paw
manos%2Bde%2Bcerdo.jpg

Just to name a few :drink:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Back in the days from where i'm from they used to eat sheep eyes :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
thought pigs feet were called trotters?

i watched it last night and tbh it wasnt much i didnt already know about, just goin over the same stuff as previous programs have done in the past. that said its still amazing how much stuff they can get away with. that kiev looked horrific.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Watched it, was neither shocked or surprised.

Low quality meat has its place in society, being disgusted by it is laughable. It's not going to kill you, and it's labelled well enough. Don't really see the issue, although it is interesting to learn about the processes our food goes through before getting to us.

tris-

they made a big deal about the kiev containing chicken skin.

maybe im a barabaric monster or something, but i generally eat the chicken skin at places like kfc and my sunday dinner roasted chicken.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I mentioned to the missus while watching this that it would be really funny to see Mongolian nomads (for example) watch this program to see their reactions to how different our attitudes towards meat are. They'd laugh at us for being squeamish girly fags and hate us for our desire to only eat the 'prime' cuts.

Nate

FH is my second home
I mentioned to the missus while watching this that it would be really funny to see Mongolian nomads (for example) watch this program to see their reactions to how different our attitudes towards meat are. They'd laugh at us for being squeamish girly fags and hate us for our desire to only eat the 'prime' cuts.
They'd probably get on their horses and terrorise our nation!

I started watching it but soon lost interest when he didn't really seem to convey what he meant without confusing the buggery out of anyone he spoke to. I thought it was dog nest. He shouldn't be on TV, unless it's him being hung by the balls I might watch that, for non-gay reasons.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
As Wazz said, its written on the side of the packaging, its not as if they are trying to decieve anyone, it tells us exactlly what we are buying/eating

Lets face it, if i went in to a store a bought 48 burgers for £3, i'm not stupid enough to think there not full of crap

I do buy those Tesco kiev's btw, not the value ones, but their normal ones....Mmmm, they're great...yum yum

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The skin on chicken is the only nice bit! The rest is bland and horribe.

Yoni

Watched it, was neither shocked or surprised.

Low quality meat has its place in society, being disgusted by it is laughable. It's not going to kill you, and it's labelled well enough. Don't really see the issue, although it is interesting to learn about the processes our food goes through before getting to us.

I wasn't shocked but I was disgusted. I try to cook most of my food from scratch (when I have the time) from fresh produce as I like to know what goes into my food and that is my choice...

I realise it has a place in society the question is should it? Why should someone who has little disposable income have no choice about the quality of food they are eating? Idealistic yes but the fact that it is accepted that it has a place in society in my view is more than a little concerning.

tris-

but what exactly is wrong with chicken skin, beef heart or meat that has been removed from the bone?
it is still protein and it is still from an animal. its not illegal, it doesnt contain poisonous chemicals and it wont make your willy fall off.
i think these ideas are made by people who think they are above eating these things.

Yoni

Nothing is wrong with any of those items IF you want to eat them.....

I for one do not enjoy heart, I don't tend to eat the skin off chickens and I really want to avoid eating any kind of reconstituted meat, or the stuff they strip of the bones which looks like dog shit (sorry tired forget the technical name). In fact if I have a roast at my parents I will dissect the meat in front of me to remove anything which turns my stomach..... skin, bones, fat, any form of connective tissue etc etc etc

taB

Part of the furniture
Chicken skin is teh awesome. It's proper when you have to pull bits of feathers out before you cook it too :p Reconstituted meat is massively rank but only because of the process it's gone through rather than which bit of the animal it's come off. Hearts, arse, skin, whatever; I'm more concerned that it's come from an animal with no quality of life (as generally cheap meat does) than which part of its body. I have a friend who won't eat meat if it resembles how the animal looked in life. This is generally ok for beef as I don't know anyone who has an oven that can fit a whole cow in but chicken, duck, etc.. have to be in pieces rather than whole.

Found out today that the girl I like is a veggie. That's the end of that then.

tris-

Nothing is wrong with any of those items IF you want to eat them.....

I for one do not enjoy heart, I don't tend to eat the skin off chickens and I really want to avoid eating any kind of reconstituted meat, or the stuff they strip of the bones which looks like dog shit (sorry tired forget the technical name). In fact if I have a roast at my parents I will dissect the meat in front of me to remove anything which turns my stomach..... skin, bones, fat, any form of connective tissue etc etc etc

i do not understand how this relates to less well off people?
if they dont want to eat a chicken kiev, im fairly sure theyl buy something else. it is probably cheaper to buy a packet of boneless skinless thighs, some garlic and some butter and make the fucker your self. its not chicken breast, but its 1/3 the price and the quality (assuming we are talking about injected water and shit) is probably the same.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I never understood the problem people had with eating offal and the "odd" bits of animals. We (as humans) did it for thousands of years and it's only really started to change over the last 30 - 50 years.

My dad owned a few butchers shops and as kids we were very lucky that he kept our horizons open and let us try everything, he didnt let TV / society brainwash us into what is "good" and "bad" food. From kidneys / liver / tongue to fillet steak / pork chump chops and everything in-between.

I think people nowadays have become far too fussy with they will eat

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I have no issue with 99% of animal parts, the whole mechanically recovered meat thing though is disgusting, if I wanted to eat ligaments etc I would ask for the fucking stuff but I don't expect it to be added to products and then the goverment allow them to call it 'meat' when it is nothing of the fucking sort.

Yoni

I have always been fussy with meat... just how it is. I dont understand people who dont eat many types of vegetables...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Ah ok, it's rather logical, but with you brits ou never know. You might actually have some Beef style cow or some such :D

Vegemawhatnow ?:eek7:

HAve to agree, i personally don't eat vegetables as veggies are murder and all those vegetable eaters are forcing me to eat animals to keep them from starving to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom