Britain's Best Sitcom

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
sibanac said:
I would say 'Allo Allo' was probably the most sucsessfull Sitcom ever.

I have seen it on about every channel in europe over the years, whilts most others never realy left the bbc.
Well in Holland we got a lot of British sitcom, Allo Allo, Dads army, Reddwarf etc. Though I am glad that they never have shown Fools and horses :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yes minister was great also really liked the good life it was really funny and still makes me laugh now, just seems nice to have innocent comedies where they dont have to rely on sudden bouts of swearing or shock tactics to be funny, dont know if my family was in the running but i think thats possibly one of the best new UK sit coms for a long time, though my total fave has to be an american show im afraid and that would be scrubs :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Fawlty Towers or Blackadder get my votes... that said "yes Minister" did have some good moments :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fawlty should have won. Blackadder and Yes, Minister should have been 2nd and 3rd. not sure which way round tho :)

Fools and Horses was quite funny for the first two series but not as good as those above. After the early years it became dreadfully average and dragged on and on and on and on...

Vae

Resident Freddy
I really think the British public lacks any form of good taste :(

My favourite is Yes Minister but I think it suffered in the votes by being old and not as much repeated as the others. Also the humour in it is a lot more clever and subtle, relying on wordplay, unlike some of the others, all of which I think has counted against it.

I was kind of expecting Fawlty Towers as 1st and Blackadder and Only Fools and Horses as 2nd and 3rd as they are the most popular.

Vicar of Dibley shouldn't have even been in the top 10 let alone number 3 and that is what fianlly proves the public lack good taste!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Who won it in the end then? I didn't watch any of it as I wasn't impressed with the top ten overall.

Was it Only Fools & Horses judging by what people are saying?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A top 10 without Steptoe was kinda taking the piss.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
but then again Spacced was brill and so was blackadder .. Arrrrgh I cant make up my mind

JBP|

Part of the furniture
well lets be honset the sort of people that vote for things like this are also the people who vote on programs like pap idol so imo expecting anything other than a middle of the road sitcom to win is somewhat unlikley

i also suspect that if last of the summer wine had been in the top ten that may have won

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ffs i cant believe only sodding fewels and bloody horses won 1st time saw it was funny 2nd time was ok 3rd time erm ok if nothing else on but the bbc insist on showing it all the sodding time over and over again, do they think we wont notice they showing the same programing schedule for the last 2 decades?? vicar of sodding dibly should not have been up there and steptoe made me puke, dirty old man! i have worked out that for the price of a colour tv licence you can rent only fools and horses 7 days a week for a whole year which is more or less all the flaming bbc show any way.... right fume over hehehe

Whipped

Part of the furniture
JBP| said:
well lets be honset the sort of people that vote for things like this are also the people who vote on programs like pap idol so imo expecting anything other than a middle of the road sitcom to win is somewhat unlikley

i also suspect that if last of the summer wine had been in the top ten that may have won
Agreed. Just goes to show the state of mind of the people that will actually spend money to vote in a poll on TV ;)

Damini

Part of the furniture
I was hoping Blackadder would win it. I've never really been an Only Fools and Horses fan, although I know loads of people who love it. Vicar of Dibley never appealed to me, although it had my mum in stitches. Spaced is amazing and I can't believe it ranked so low - and you can get Series One or Two for only £5.99 delivered at CD Wow. Just bought both seasons for my little sister. Also, got to love Red Dwarf, but much like Star Wars, you have to pretend the final installments don't exist.

I'm getting into Black Books at the mo, having missed the beginning series.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Black Books is quite funny but you have to excuse the apalling acting of some funny comedians sometimes :) definitely has it's moments though.

You only have to look at Bill Bailey to laugh sometimes.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:
I was hoping Blackadder would win it. I've never really been an Only Fools and Horses fan, although I know loads of people who love it. Vicar of Dibley never appealed to me, although it had my mum in stitches. Spaced is amazing and I can't believe it ranked so low - and you can get Series One or Two for only £5.99 delivered at CD Wow. Just bought both seasons for my little sister. Also, got to love Red Dwarf, but much like Star Wars, you have to pretend the final installments don't exist.

I'm getting into Black Books at the mo, having missed the beginning series.

red dwarf is my favorite all time tv show :p, love watching it,
think ive seen every episode ever made :eek7:

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Glad Only Fools won it as I love it, well up until the last few when IMO Cassandra and Requel (sp) spoilt it. The Damian thingy and the Recent Xmas ones spoilt it too.

The early ones too were just class, my fave being "A Touch Of Glass" where Del & Rodders go to the stately home and clean the chandelier, class.

Glad to see Black Adder up there though and the final series nincluding the final one was IMO the best ever final to a TV series.

Maddoxfan

Fledgling Freddie
personally I'm glad no recent sitcoms came even close to winning it, shows how bad TV is at the moment. OF&H was probably the best imo.

I think all recent sitcoms work on the same wornout formula as I explain on www.maddoxfan.tk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom