News Britain to build 2 new aircraft carriers

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Each of them are 3 times the size of our current aircraft carriers, the cost will be £4 billion total. Do we need them? Is the cost justified? Discuss!

BBC NEWS | UK | £3.2bn giant carrier deals signed

2.jpg

BBC NEWS | UK | Video of new aircraft carriers

Helme

Resident Freddy
I'd say you definitely need them incase you ever end up in a war, or like we do, so you know, you can die for us and stuff.

Thanks in advance much <3 from Sweden.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
and just to win a few votes and placate the shipyards we are building them here, resulting in smaller, gas powered carriers when for the same price we could have gone for already existing technology giving a nuclear powered carrier with twice the plane capacity and catapult launcher for them.

Stupid.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Hahah

That's hilarious, they arent' going to make it fucking nuclear?! Way to look ahead there morons with the oilcrisis and all xD

edit: I didn't mean your population, just the people who decided this :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hahah

That's hilarious, they arent' going to make it fucking nuclear?! Way to look ahead there morons with the oilcrisis and all xD

A nuclear retrofit wouldn't be prohibitively expensive in the future I reckon, the ship is more than large enough to accomodate a nuclear power plant in replacement of the diesel powered generators.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'd say you definitely need them incase you ever end up in a war, or like we do, so you know, you can die for us and stuff.

I approve of this post :iagree:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Hahah

When we've built them.. we're going to go get all the oil.

So it's not going to be a problem.. :drink:

soze

I am a FH squatter
The best thing is because the eurocopter or whatever will not be ready we will be buying second rate f-35 planes for our new aircraft carriers! Its good to be us :)

But seriously i do not think we should be spending the money now while we are fighting 2 desert wars.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
we are fighting 2 desert wars yes but there is plenty of water nearby for the ships to provide air/cruise missile support.

Its pretty bloody stupid to make them diesel though

Helme

Resident Freddy
But seriously i do not think we should be spending the money now while we are fighting 2 desert wars.

Yeah, 2 desert wars in flight distance from either the Persian Gulf or the Mediterranean ocean, it's not like aircraft carriers actually fight themselves - infact they are pretty much undefended as far as I gathered.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

I approve of this post :iagree:

:iagree: Finland backs Sweden up on this.

Mainly 'cause this means you die for Sweden and can blame them, while we get no blame...whatsoever :lol:

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, 2 desert wars in flight distance from either the Persian Gulf or the Mediterranean ocean, it's not like aircraft carriers actually fight themselves - infact they are pretty much undefended as far as I gathered.

Are the soilders are calling for more long distance air cover or new armour and weapons and armoured vehicles. We have air bases in the country and close enough to provide close air support the Air Craft Carrier is not needed in either of thoese wars.

They are not undefended if we are like the yanks where theres a carrier there will be some destroyers an attack sub and a cruise missle boat floating round in a carrier group.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Either way UK is a bit f*cked.

If on US side, the US will use the UK as a base nearest to Europe(Iceland coming as a fine second), and if on the EU side, you're the first line of defense.

Then again you could stay out of it all and bomb EVERYONE who comes near but, that's no way to fight :D

Helme

Resident Freddy
Or do a Sweden and let the worlds enemy use your railroads to invade your neighbor but at the same time claiming to be neutral. Worked fine.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Or do a Sweden and let the worlds enemy use your railroads to invade your neighbor but at the same time claiming to be neutral. Worked fine.

Or do a Finland and fight for the "enemy" with "allied" planes until the enemy starts to loose, then switch sides and fight against the "enemy" with "enemy" planes.

Worked very well too :lol:

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yeah but which side would england be on :<

probably not the same on as the germans ? <hides>

problem with military spending is you dont need it till you NEED it, and then its too late to build it so, who can tell

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
We need them for the alien invasion of 2016, to hold of the Alien troop carriers from landing.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Will be US vs Europe, the UK would stay out of it then bitch slap the winner and start the second Brittish Empier!

Or say we are on americas side and just keep killing them claiming friendly fire?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Would be a major pain in the ass having to retrieve your balls from the water obstacles :/

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lol @toht

personally i say build em our military aint exactly sparkling with new equipment these days its also a nice show of force in these uncertain times likewise bit unsure why they been run on diesel nuclear has to be a cheaper/better option

wouldnt a war between europe and america be strange be interesting to see which side we picked :) personally id side with the yanks they got the firepower.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
lol @toht

personally i say build em our military aint exactly sparkling with new equipment these days its also a nice show of force in these uncertain times likewise bit unsure why they been run on diesel nuclear has to be a cheaper/better option

wouldnt a war between europe and america be strange be interesting to see which side we picked :) personally id side with the yanks they got the firepower.

EU could field more soldiers though. Don't know the actual numbers, but isn't it EU 600 million people, US 380 millions or some such?

Defcon - neat little game for practice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom