Brinx... Damini...

T

Tilda

well its the latter case that it occured and thats what i did, edited it our.

I dont generally post much on OT, but i am replying to this thread because it refers to me. :(

im sorry if you think im a poor mod.
im trying to improve.
flaming me dosnt realy help,
posting/PMing me with help/tips does.

Tilda

T

Teh Fonz!!1

stfu2.gif

Couldn't resist :p

O

old.tRoG

We're not flaming you, we're telling you not to randomly close all our threads!

I might have to resort to Novamir style FFS!-ing, soon...

T

Tilda

couldnt access the picture, but judging by its name ill take it as offensive and aimed at me...thanks

O

old.tRoG

its one of those crappy stfu pictures (probably) - entirely unoffensive...

And it DOES NOT require modding!!!11111

T

Teh Fonz!!1

No it isn't actually, it's just a commentary on society on how we use races to insult each other.

It's a picture of swastika in the shape of a scith and hammer surrounded by a jewish start of david and it reads, "Shut up you communist Nazi Jew, go back to Canada"

Not offensive, just rather funny. And why the hell can no-one see it?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

To be honest... there can be worse mods.

Anyone remember Brannor, teh self-righteous on the late official forums?
Closing a thread referring to "Life of Brian" - because it was insulting his belief in God or something like that...?
True Nazeeh style modding.

Still - I have gotten used to the laissez fair style of BW.
Don't spoil it, Tilda. Lighten up.

O

old.tRoG

Besides, if you really didn't want to be offended, you wouldn't be using the internet.

But that's just a rubbish excuse :)

-My point is, it's all done in good fun and with a light-hearted approach.

eg. Sickie calling me fr0g might offend me if I was a frenchman (Maybe...) but it is done in such a light-hearted and caring manner that I just wub him even more for it :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by old.tRoG
eg. Sickie calling me fr0g might offend me if I was a frenchman (Maybe...) but it is done in such a light-hearted and caring manner that I just wub him even more for it :)

Awwww... lets get Gombear for some group-hug-action.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I'm over my hugging face now, its all about killing now!!!

C

Col|

Originally posted by Damini
swinging your handbag and going for the gnashing teeth attack?

One wonders if Smaldini has experience in this kind of thing, specially after a few jars. :m00:

G

Generic Poster

The last GSP forums I used to visit were ruined by over-zealous mods. You couldn't say two words without some kiddie coming home from school and closing threads for minor offences.

I feel sorry for the kids who spend half their life in IRC to gain recognition, in the hope of becoming server/forum admins/moderators.

Through DAoC, I found Barrysworld and the first thing that struck me was the freedom the posters had.

There were flame threads, slightly rude pictures posted... and generally people were more chilled out. The mods only every came in to correct posts which were selling accounts and... and that's about it.

Even given BW's freedom, there are less flame threads here then on the previous forums I used to visit. The reason being, the flames here are contained in one thread. If you start locking threads, the anger spills into other threads and suddenly the whole forum is infected.

Anyway, I don't pay any attention to who the mods are over here... hardly ever notice them(good thing™). But I have noticed Tilda, who is doing things differently and I hope the concern within this thread will not be ignored.

If you're looking for advice, let flames run their course. They will burn out eventually. Don't get to involved with the forums and feel you have to contribute.

As for the 'Nazi' thing... do nothing. Otherwise, you're forcing your opinion on others and can expect retaliation.

O

osy

(comes a superficial comment)

yea ! and you are alb ! therefore you stink ! nazi !

(end of comment)

Ps: keep up, these OT individuals needed some stiring :great:

S

SFXman

Hmm, I don't recommend any forumite to ever be elected mod. Imagine what havoc we could bring to these forums *shudders but does so with a smirk*.
Hmm... all stickyyy......

O

old.tRoG

You're all just jealous because you know I would be the best mod ever.

S

SilverHood

for bad modding, try

First: C&C Renegade forums

Then, visit PC Gamer UK forums

Then have a look at the mods we have here

BW > all

N

Novamir

hmm, something i agree with sickie on..

the best mod is one that doesn't close threads, edit peoples' posts, and doesnt try to make everything "nice". real life isn't nice all the time, why do the forums have to be? most of the time internet is a release for people, so let em release.

i still think modding is needed sometimes, when people get completely out of hand and insults get really personal or whatever.. but 99% of the stuff Tilda has done so far is because he/she is bored and just can.

D

Damini

I don't agree with making everything nice, but some people use these forums purely to troll, not to ever contribute in any worthy fashion other than to tell other people how inferior they are. And some times the ones that really go for the kill are the more intelligent ones, and they only do it to stretch their arrogance/argument muscles, rather than any real true calling to the cause. Only slightly worse are the people that argue on your side, and you really wish they hadn't associated with your view point "STFU, u r suhc a prick!! d4mini is rite, STFU noob". Maybe the internet is a release for some people, but its fairly tragic that some people come online purely to liberate their inner arsehole.

Barrysworld isn't some sort of gladiators arena, its a discussion forum. There are people who want to compare willy size, throw testosterone riddled insults at each other and strut, and most of the time we let them, but every now and then I reserve my right to demand some niceness on the boards.

And maybe add some throw cushions.

And turn someone into a carebear.

Damini x

O

old.tRoG

But without the mopr0ns forums would be boring :(

You can't just... Get rid of them.

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Speaking of mods, how come there are no mods who plays prydwen?

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Hmm, guess so.
Doesn't matter much since we're all wellbehaved children on prydwen. ;)

S

SFXman

Ah, but Damini, the OT forum is different. Here we may babble on till the end of the world! :)
Then again I try to restrain myself if I feel like trolling :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Originally posted by Damini
I don't agree with making everything nice, but some people use these forums purely to troll, not to ever contribute in any worthy fashion other than to tell other people how inferior they are.

Well this just isn't true...

Name me one person who just comes here and insults everyone. Just one.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1

Well this just isn't true...

Name me one person who just comes here and insults everyone. Just one.
Actually when I think about it I don't know anyone like this either... maybe she means the general OT posting but that doesn't make much sense :rolleyes:

D

Damini

I'm not going to go into naming lists because its pointless, and I don't mean in OT, but there are people that use these forums for 95% Rah or annoyance. Maybe I miss the useful posts, but I do have a lot of people on buddy to read through all their posts and some people I have yet to see do something helpful.

S

SFXman

I understand, but since I do not visit the other forums much I wouldn't know who they are. I myself do also have a grudge against such people, as I do very easily get aggrevated.

D

Damini

YOU'RE ONLY RESPONDING TO KEEP YOUR TOTAL SPAMMAGE THRESHOLD MAINTAINED!

DON'T THINK I DON'T KNOW!

Users who are viewing this thread