Games Brink

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Apparently it's a load of shite, and buggy as hell. That's one game I won't be buying then.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Most of what I've read about it has been giving is massive amounts of praise, save the bugs and balancing issues.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I read that it's currently unplayable and buggy as hell, but there's a patch fixing a huge amount of things for release. Definitely something to avoid until the patch is out and proper reviews can be done.

Nate

FH is my second home
There's always a patch.

I quite like that sentence :D

supersaint

Can't get enough of FH
I was on the brink of pre-ordering this,don't think i'll bother now.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Apparently it's a load of shite, and buggy as hell.

wikipedian_protester.png

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
reading the comments further down the review its a mixed bag i dunno what to make of it, i did think this game looked promising too dunno what to think now.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Firstly, a 360 review... don't make me facepalm. If you buy Brink on anything other than PC you're a douche.

Secondly, it's SplashDamage. Given the immense quality of their previous titles (RtCW anyone), they will fix Brink and keep fixing and tweaking it.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
PS: From the ARS review:
Editor's Note: This review was conducted before a day-one patch which is said to address, "sporadic visual glitches at distance, texture pop-up and some minor networking issues." We will play a few rounds with the patch applied and update the review text accordingly.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i'll be getting it on the 360, three reasons for this

1) i like to sit back and chill while playing it rather that sit like i am at work
2) My mates who i will be playing with will be getting it on 360 as they dont have decent PCs
3) I love nothing more than seeing PC players get all hot and bothered going mad talking about how console gaming is shit and killing PC games cause companies are ignoring the PC playerbase

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Sorry but a dev company making a good game in the past does not necessarily mean they will fix all issues with patches. That's illogical.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, it doesn't. However it is perfectly logical do draw on previous conduct to make an educated guess on their future conduct. For example, you've been picky before, you're being picky now so you will likely be picky in the future :p

SplashDamage titles are generally of a high quality and well supported. There is no reason to suspect Brink will be any different.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Indeed, they have been high quality.

On release. This is a shoddy, shoddy release.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I really really hope they do sort it quick and there's a decent enough player base. This game looks like it has the potential to be great big bags of awesome.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I really really hope they do sort it quick and there's a decent enough player base. This game looks like it has the potential to be great big bags of awesome.

Map bottlenecks and spawn system sound awful tbh, not sure that those would be fixed in a patch (almost certainly wouldn't).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Meh, I know if I bought it I'd play a few hours and then just go back to TF2.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The link itcheh posted makes me feel pretty optimistic. I like the idea of a more objective based team game. Still, we shall see.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
wasnt quite sure what this would be like but after playing it for the past few hours its rather good if i'm honest, addictive atleast :eek:

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Well it was £21 off Tesco, so I've put my money where my mouth is. Will let you know what it's like when it turns up.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Brink has disappeared off Steam (the UK steam atleast) for some reason, I went to buy it about an hour ago as I enjoyed the DL'd copy I had, anyone know why steam nuked it?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's still on the version i have, the one that charges in euro...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aye from what I gather and have read its only the UK steam thats lost Brink and no one knows why.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I would imagine that it's because it's launch day so they've probably taken down the pre-orders, etc. and will then launch and put up the full price no-bonus versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom