brightness solution?

L

lathonial

i have a brightness problem with my monitor, emain is totally dark at night and tbh i cant c sh*t. anyone know an application or method to solve this. tried the properties options for graphcs overlays etc and directX colour management but Daoc overides any brightness settings for windows. ty

ps , first person who says turn monitor brightness dial up gets anarrow up t' ass

C

Coim-

Can't remember how to do it exactly but on my desktop i've got a shortcut to the brightness settings. Not the monitor brightness, the actual brightness. I'll see if I can remember how I got it. :)

R

.Raewyn

Try going to your Display settings and set some more gamma or brightness.

L

lathonial

treid that , daoc overides any gamma settings

A

-ag-bometal

use a little tool called "powerstrip"

ctrl + "+" increases gamma
ctrl + "-" decreases gamma

and if u want to get the "full" version:

http://astalavista.box.sk

Enjoy ! :cool:

M

Maq-attack

That little knob on your monitor with a little sun picture by it???

edit: OUCH!

L

lathonial

n1, powerstip works, kinda weird, but emain nightlooks like day now lol, ty m8

A

-ag-bometal

yw

always glad to help someone

i had that problem to in the past

new monitor fixed the problem (15" -> 19" was a nice addiction to :) )

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Powerstrip is nice for overclocking your gfx card also... Be careful not to clock it too high though, it may kill your card.

R

Rhuric

Powerstrip fortehwin, cant play without it now as I have used it a pretty long time, thou I think I have to rebind my Screenshot button as it tend to get a few screenshots when I am lowering gamma =)

D

dimerian

I must be blind but cant notice where that prog is in that site,tried search with "powerstrip" but 0 hits o_O

R

Rhuric

Yes you are, typ powerstrip in the top most search engine and you will find it, atleast it worked for me

S

Shike

newest Detonators has a working stting for this now for GForceowners, works for me at least :)

A

Ace_

Originally posted by -ag-bometal
yw

always glad to help someone

i had that problem to in the past

new monitor fixed the problem (15" -> 19" was a nice addiction to :) )

Same problem * Have to wait for daytime before i can proceed soloing the mobs i cant see * But the search came up with 20 ish sites with what i can say children beware as one site would have affended a few peeps, anyways can i have actual directions plz.

I

iluvatur

rarrr! at nightime it's pitch black for me usually .. now i can stop being a complete gimp 50% of the time

hope this works

D

Dorin

powerstrip, my monitor is shit aswell when its night...(can see my char name's only hehe) so use Powerstrip its excellent, a must have imo :p

F

finbahr

bump

don't want to lose this thread yet and i won't be home until tomorrow so may have to bump a few more times from work

N

-naetha-

YOu might want to change the default settings on Powerstrip as every time you press ctrl + alt + - you take a screenshot :rolleyes:

Just a thought ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom