"Bridge building"

Gray

FH is my second home
Nono, not building bridges for Cumbria, bridge building!

At the moment im sort of being pushed from different services under the NHS at the moment for social anxiety related problems, which has infact being going on for about a year or so.

I'm now on the waiting list for proper "care" under the Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, in the meantime though im sort of doing some "Lifestyle/Health Improvement" where i talk with someone for 30-60min per fortnight.

One of the things which was recommended to me was a Bridge Building service. I am unsure of what it revolves around, but i would assume it is first group activity, but there was also mention of some sort of... "buddy system". It sounds totally ridiculous to me but at the same time i sort of understand that i do need help from all angles, but just being around people feels difficult at times.

Irregardless i am on the list for it, so i'd likely be seen after the New Year sometime, but has anyone else had experience with this type of social-process?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Depends on what is up - sometimes talking to people who are non-judgemental or going through the same sort of thing can help.

Had counselling in the past but this sounds slightly different. If the net effect is the same then it might well work for you.

{edit} Bit of a wooly answer - Basically; it could help, just don't expect it to do much after just one session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom