Help Breathing when running

Thugz

Banned
Got round my first marathon at the weekend, up in Edinburgh. 4hrs 34, woot woot!
Well done. Tis a long ways for sure!

As for breathing maybe try a little sprint now and then. That way you will get used to gasping and breathing really hard. When you get back to jogging slowly again you might find you are a bit more relaxed. Be careful though if you haven't done any sprinting for ages you might hurt yourself - just don't go mad.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Heres a bit of inspiration for ya. I started running about 3 weeks ago and the furthest i could manage on my first go was 300 yards before I stopped, and about 15 mins on the treadmill. Ive just gone and done 4.4 miles on a very hilly route in 37 minutes, none stop!
So if i can do it then I think anyone can, having been a smoker for a long while and not ran since school :).

russell

FH is my second home
WOOT WOOT Tris - thats cos you are 23 now. Makes all the difference dont ya know.

Thugz

Banned
Heres a bit of inspiration for ya. I started running about 3 weeks ago and the furthest i could manage on my first go was 300 yards before I stopped, and about 15 mins on the treadmill. Ive just gone and done 4.4 miles on a very hilly route in 37 minutes, none stop!
So if i can do it then I think anyone can, having been a smoker for a long while and not ran since school :).
Good to hear of it!

The body can certainly take some abuse and come back fighting fit. After devoting myself to playing computer games and drinking copious amounts of booze (whisky) for a few years I also have returned to a life of running and fitness. I have my first race next Tuesday - 5k in Swansea. Probably be disappointed with my result but tis the first step back into competitive running. Racing is sheer hell though unless you are super fit. Like getting a tooth extracted slowly without anaesthetic for the whole length of the run.

russell

FH is my second home
I am not super fit and I get a real high from it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom