Breakthrough, server connection timesout

H

hooligun

Can anybody help please ?

Got MOH:Breakthrough installed just last Friday.

When trying to connect to any servers I always get a 'connection to server timed out' message.
I'm trying to connect thru Gamespy Arcade (the in-game browser for Breakthrough doesn't show any servers).

I've got all the latest patches installed from the BW FTP, including the Spearhead patches (up to 2.15).

Am I doing something wrong ?

Cheers.

A

Aeron

There are no updates for breakthrough that i'm aware of as of yet,i'm not bothering to get breakthrough as my friend bought it and i wasn't at all impressed.The spearhead patches will not effect breakthrough & as far as i'm aware breakthrough is version 0.00

1:if you are running a firewall make sure it is set to allow outgoing connection for breakthrough

2:try adding this ip to the ingame browser ( if allowed to add ip )
213.221.178.76:29961 game.net preview server and try connecting that way,could be gamespy playing up

3:could use The All Seeing Eye to launch games,unlike gamespy it dont bombard you with adverts or FORCE log you into a stupid chat room

Unless it's server errors or pc issues?

Sorry not much help,maybe another forum user who has experienced this and overcome it can help out.If i do hear anything i'll reply A.S.A.P.

If you want all seeing eye it's available here ...Download Here

A

Andiehuk

This is certainly a firewall issue. Sounds like your running something like Zonealarm and have missed the popup asking if you want to allow moh_breakthrough.exe through your firewall.

This is backed up by the fact you can see the servers in Gamespy (which you do allow through) but not within BT's own server browser.

Disable your firewall and then try, I bet it works.

H

hooligun

Thanks

Dead right !

It was a firewall issue. I run Agnitum Outpost but my son had played the game online first and had hit the 'block' option.

Many thanks for the tip.

Hooligun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom