Bram Stokers Dracula

C

CptDoom

Didnt realise Copola directed this little masterpiece, been avoinding this like the plague as 'another' vampire film.

Released in '92 too, thats a lot of avoiding and stupidly so

Fantastic film.

O

Ono

Best thing about this film is that you could almost make out Winona's tits through her nighty.

The rest is wank.

S

Swift^

Fantastic film, Coppola did a great job on it.

//edit: Unforgivable "English" accent from Keanu though.

M

~Mobius~

It was a bit confusing, but good anyway. Funny accent from Keanu. :D

Was that Hannibal Lecter as the doctor by the way? I wasnt sure.

W

whipped

Yep, Anthony Hopkins. Absoulty great film that tells the Dracula story in a very acurate way.

D

Damini

Sorry, simply couldn't get past the Keanu Reeves accent and so in my memory this film is just atrocious. What self respecting film casts Keanu in a role like that, unless it wants to grasp the commercial audience far more than it cares about its film as a whole? Its like when Keanu is in, erm, that Shakespeare film.

"Know thou that I *am* a villaaaain". Dude. Like whooah.

Casting agent should be shot for single handedly bringing down an entire film.

J

Jonaldo

It was only a year after Keanu did My own private Idaho in which is was actually quite good (odd I know) so maybe they thought he could possibly handle some sort of acting role?

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Damini
Its like when Keanu is in, erm, that Shakespeare film.

Much ado about nothing. Imho he wasn't particularly that bad in it and it was a fairly entertaining film. Michael Keaton was worse in it.

D

Damini

Oh, he was dire in it. Keaton was well over the top, but at least he was a character. I've seen more animated Play-doh than Keanu in that film, and at least Morph could do convincing facial expressions.

I do like Keanu in certain films, I'm not an all out Keanu hater, for example My Own Private Idaho, Point Blank, Bill n Ted, and so on. But a misplaced Keanu can completely violate a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom