Brainstorming

Nate

FH is my second home
So, thought it might be an idea to put...ideas! In one place, if you have an idea for CU that you think it would be great to see, it could be a really complex one or just one/two words.

My ideas:

• Nostalgia - Use a few choice words in the interface to bring back a bit of nostalgia when certain things happen. Like if you disconnect it says you went Linkdead :D Having a /qtd option to type in the chatbox.
  • A really hard to find/see npc that has no other reason for existing other then to say, I saw it. Or try to take a screenshot with your character. Maybe you need to go on a quest over rainbow bridge and get a magical carrot or something like that. A Rainbow Unicorn.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
@ innovationgames.com u can setup an online brainstorm session. Might be an idea for you, also various other tools at your hand if you want to take this a step further ;)

Arrochar

Loyal Freddie
just a thought on Maps - don't know what they are intending but in DAOC from lvl1 you could see all the tower/keep names not only in your own realm but the other 2. Perhaps look to create a cartography type craft linked into a ranger class that perhaps that at higher skill levels benefits from higher camouflage skills over the other classes. Like the blueprint idea they could create maps that can be sold that at the lower end merely name the enemy 'keeps' while for higher skills in this craft they uncover more detail such as the hook point, where you can climb walls, etc. Of course you could make it that players can obtain the name of a keep by talking to the realm guards but in the case of the 2 enemy realms this would mean partaking in or your realm taking ownership of the keep so the guards are now on 'your side', otherwise you need to buy a map from a crafter. The class / craft could also perform a forward spotter type role.
Just a thought :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When buying a box copy of the game I just hope we get maps like we did with daoc. I still have all my old maps which I used all the time, before we got the easymode /map :)

Delavega86

Fledgling Freddie
here's an idea.. there will not be a GPS-type of map/navigation and no minimap. and i like that.
but there also wont be any distinguishable landmarks from what MJ has said. (up to the players to make them).

so, i was hoping that people could Name their structures, and they would show on the map if they're big enough.
that, plus, being able to tell which way is North, would mean that you could actually get an idea of where you are, and navigate from there.

because, as much as i like the no-gps idea, having no way to tell which way you are facing, and roughly where you are, would be annoying.

Delavega86

Fledgling Freddie
i also hope there will be a lot of chasms, canyons, cliffs, and neighbouring peaks, where people could build bridges and stairways, even cities.
such structures would be really expensive, take too much time, and be very hard to build, that people would not dare destroy them but they would want to conquer them, due to their strategic importance.
so yes, i hope that destroying and salvaging wont be the only two options, but also, conquering a structure.

Delavega86

Fledgling Freddie
ok here's another one for you...
we know how there will be minimum or no resurecting in this game...
how about.. when you die, you are given two options: respawn (far away) or "enter the veil".
and you would enter the veil as a spirit, with different abilities, and fight in there, and with each mob that you kill you would get a portion of your life back.... until you're resurected.
or maybe not resurected, but becoming "availiable for resurection" by a healer class.
you like? or not?

Tanos

Regular Freddie
This was proposed in the rezz thread, some ppl found it bsc, some where against the idea of introducing more (probably useless) minigame.
I like the idea of a personal map than gets more details while you discover the world and it sounds fun to be able to annotate and share it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom