Brain Powar! & Food.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Right, because I have exams at 1:15, I want to settle a long dispute between teachers, for instance, my French Teacher at school always said; 'Ahhh, you should always eat le food after le exams, because le brain power is taken up to digest le food'

Whilst my English teacher always demanded that we ate before going to exams...

Personal opinions/facts backed up with Scouse style quotes.

Gogogo

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Blood gets busy in your tummy instead of your head after you eat. So, after. Obviously there's a balance to be had.

I'd eat something light at 12 so as not to be famished and unable to concentrate for the exam, then over an hour later good to go. Good luck in the exams :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit of hunger sharpens the mind, so agree with Roo. Very light eating before exams(if any), then eat after to repump fuel into your system and cool down your brain.

It's genetic really, humans as other animals need a sharper mind when hunting for food, so hunger equals better thinking.

Chilly

Balls of steel
If you have an exam at 1:15 what the fuck are you doing on the internet you tit?

Tilda

I eat breakfast or something an hour or two before the exam. And if its a written exam I take a banana to eat just before and then nuts (ie cashews, not salted or sugared just plain) and water to eat in the exam. Keeps you full and gives you slow release energy with no sugar spike that makes you feel sleepy.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Too busy finally doing revision the morning of an exam to worry about food

Gwadien

Thanks for the advice, and uhm, criticism, I have been revising all morning, I wrote this over breakfast, then hxc revised until now, as I'm now walking out of the door.. :p

1 and a half hour exam, so it's not like it's a super long exam... My IT class in school piloted a 5 hour exam, that wasn't fun, at all, I don't think it ever launched fully.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Don't stuff your face - otherwise lethargy is guaranteed (I have tested this theory often. Papa Johns / Curry is a good test food).

Don't be hungry either though - that again leads to lack of concentration, etc : Your body isn't going to be wanting to be doing deep thinking, because that's not the priority.

I.e. Eat a decent but not huge meal so you have plenty of energy and don't up running on empty.

Your brain runs purely on glucose, the rest of your body on everything else, so I'd go for something more carb-based than fatty :)

As always in life, balance is the key. Use the forks, Gwa.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Don't stuff your face - otherwise lethargy is guaranteed (I have tested this theory often. Papa Johns / Curry is a good test food).

Don't be hungry either though - that again leads to lack of concentration, etc : Your body isn't going to be wanting to be doing deep thinking, because that's not the priority.

I.e. Eat a decent but not huge meal so you have plenty of energy and don't up running on empty.

Your brain runs purely on glucose, the rest of your body on everything else, so I'd go for something more carb-based than fatty :)

As always in life, balance is the key. Use the forks, Gwa.

NERD.

Gwadien

How did you get on?
Pretty good actually thanks, was about womens rights early 20th century, so was probably the best topic, but I bet my results won't reflect that, pessimist since 1993 :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
eat hella hot curry, loads of garlic, peppers and salty stuff. also, make sure you don't have enough sleep. and have a shag/wank just before you go to sit the exams. this regime never failed to stand me in good stead in my stoodent daze.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
eat hella hot curry, loads of garlic, peppers and salty stuff. also, make sure you don't have enough sleep. and have a shag/wank just before you go to sit the exams. this regime never failed to stand me in good stead in my stoodent daze.

So... a couple of weeks ago then.

TdC

I actually took care of some sexy wanky time just now. Huzzah!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You seem to have taken a webcam shot while you were doing it and uploaded it as your avatar as a mistake.

TdC

that's my "O" face and you love it you dirty slag :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom