brain bursting rage

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
mc d in the uk does use 100% beef and the bread is made from sugar instead of flour. it keeps longer in storage. it lacks fibre though, which may cause you to feel hungry sooner.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Replace viel with lamb and you've got my favourite burger right there :) A friend of mine makes them up; they're absolutely amazing.
Only lamb meat i eat is the lamb entrecôte so guess i can mince that..

recipes plx
When I make my burgers i dont use recipe i just taste the mix before making the burger.. But omg minced moose meat burgers are so dam SWEEEET...

Or reindeer kebab. Or reindeer kebab stew, or a slowly roasted moose steak, halfway thru chop it up, mix with lots of apple jam and keep on cooking it. So damn jummy...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
My missus cooks all our meals from base ingredients and you taste the improvement so much compared to fast food / pre-prepared meals etc.

I've also found I'm full up for so much more longer and I generally feel healthier & more active.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
tbh i'm still highly suspicious of burgers since chodax told his eyelid story :(

tris-

what about quorn burgers?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
they are the only ones I've eaten since that, though i'm suspicious of them too after your stories from working in the quorn factory lol

mooSe_

FH is my second home
they are the only ones I've eaten since that, though i'm suspicious of them too after your stories from working in the quorn factory lol

there's a story for every kind of food you know.

did I ever tell you about how the black bits in bananas are spiders eggs?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Only lamb meat i eat is the lamb entrecôte so guess i can mince that..

When I make my burgers i dont use recipe i just taste the mix before making the burger.. But omg minced moose meat burgers are so dam SWEEEET...

Or reindeer kebab. Or reindeer kebab stew, or a slowly roasted moose steak, halfway thru chop it up, mix with lots of apple jam and keep on cooking it. So damn jummy...

:( I'm not gonna eat a moose, maybe a deer though.

So i just mix the mince meat up with all the other shit and cook it then? cool

Ezteq

Queen of OT
yes... that 100% beef thing, cow arseholes and eyelids are technically considered 'beef' so that still doesn't enduce me to go to McDs anytime soon lol

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yes... that 100% beef thing, cow arseholes and eyelids are technically considered 'beef' so that still doesn't enduce me to go to McDs anytime soon lol

Hope nobody tells EQ that most products in the shop, sausages, meatballs etc are made with same style of full processing.

tris-

it really isnt. its a mix of the 'usual' cuts of beef that you could buy in the shop. in the one i worked at they had a cross sectional diagram of a beef machine, and it showed where the cuts come from.

and anyway, beef is legally only the muscle with naturally occuring connective tissues. last i checked, mythical ingredients such as hoof and cow nose are not muscle and are not naturally connected to something like the rump.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
it really isnt. its a mix of the 'usual' cuts of beef that you could buy in the shop. in the one i worked at they had a cross sectional diagram of a beef machine, and it showed where the cuts come from.

and anyway, beef is legally only the muscle with naturally occuring connective tissues. last i checked, mythical ingredients such as hoof and cow nose are not muscle and are not naturally connected to something like the rump.

What about in cases where you have a mutant cow that does have a hoof and a nose connected to its rump? Could you then put it in a burger?

tris-

probably not, because its still not a naturally occuring connective tissue!

in actual fact, parts of the animal like that are not even legal to use even if you dont call them beef.

id love to know how all these myths started. who ever makes the beef patties for Mc D will be inspected by Mc D them selves. then theyl be inspected by someone like the british retail consortium, environmental health, trading standards and any other mofo who wants to take a peek. unless they swich between using cow noses and somehow convert the whole process to beef when someone comes round, it just isnt realistic.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
probably not, because its still not a naturally occuring connective tissue!

in actual fact, parts of the animal like that are not even legal to use even if you dont call them beef.

id love to know how all these myths started. who ever makes the beef patties for Mc D will be inspected by Mc D them selves. then theyl be inspected by someone like the british retail consortium, environmental health, trading standards and any other mofo who wants to take a peek. unless they swich between using cow noses and somehow convert the whole process to beef when someone comes round, it just isnt realistic.

I must write an addendum here... My "..." from before was more aimed at your statement that the buns were made from sugar instead of flour. That's simply not possible because sugar doesn't have the same properties as flour has, so you can't make bread out of it. Furthermore, you'd taste it, and it doesn't taste like anything more sweetened than regular white bread. Finally, the buns are stored in the freezer with a maximum duration of a week iirc. (with color-coded stickers to depict the day which it was delivered). You can easily store bread in the freezer for a month without flavor degradation, so there is absolutely no need to change the recipe.

tris-

i was told at the mc d i worked at that sugar was used to make the buns, so that they will keep for longer. not all the buns are frozen. infact, i think only the foccacia and 'special' buns are frozen. your basic big mac, chicken sandwhich bun and hamburger bun are kept at ambient.

again though, this was just the one i worked at. and im not a food technologist so i dont know the ins and outs of the sugar in the buns!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
i was told at the mc d i worked at that sugar was used to make the buns, so that they will keep for longer. not all the buns are frozen. infact, i think only the foccacia and 'special' buns are frozen. your basic big mac, chicken sandwhich bun and hamburger bun are kept at ambient.

again though, this was just the one i worked at. and im not a food technologist so i dont know the ins and outs of the sugar in the buns!

Well, at the McD's I worked at, all buns were frozen, and actually delivered frozen. Perhaps different in the UK, but that's how it worked here in NL. Anyway, as an example: add a tablespoon sugar to a glass of room temp. water. The water will stay clear, as in the suger is totally dissolved in the water.
Now take a new glass of water, and add a teaspoon flour. You can mix it, but the water will be very murky, and you can already notice by stirring that it acts differently. This is a suspension instead of a solution.

Ofcourse it's possible that they add a slight bit of sugar to the bun wheat mixture, but it wouldn't be much at all, because you can rather quickly taste sugar if it's added...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, whatever they are made from, they taste like shit, too many additives, and I always feel like shit if I make the stupid decision to eat there. I don't give a crap how much they try and tell us they have changed and are healthy and sell fruit now too! They are still a greasy, low quality fast food outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom