BOYCOT hossin

M

mid_Efour

Tell your respective sides to boycot hossin its the only place where all 3 sides regularly get together for big 3 way battles but its FU$%ING boring ive had enough of the same FREAKINg place and landscapes with 20fps on a good day, everytime playing musical bases as one runs out of power its hacked-rehacked-re-re hacked and then finally hacked and this keeps going on in a big circle.

This combined with COnstantly bugged spawn tubes and a "why are we all fighting for" moment (combined with 990 greif mercy killing with scatter gun is about 45gp a pop) I think its time to hang up my guns for a while still not been billed so i got my moneys worth.

do love this game but hate hossin so much i cant enjoy the game if forced to play there.

And no im not going to some quiet out the way little continent because i enjoy large fights just not on hossin. NO one seems to defend side entrances yet there is 40 mines on the front and back doors, all TR do is get 3 or 4 maxs in thru a side door and pound for teh win.

wow :) what a rant maybe i picked the wrong side with NC its deffinatley the most brainless of the 3 sides. most command chat ive seen is We need help "x" base then another will say we need help at "y" base.

Vanu always give me the impression that they are most organised? TR just i hate you i hate you all with your 50/100 round clips. Maybe ill come back and respec for JH that might cheer me up a bit

anyway need to let my grief cool down so i can get plasma happy again.

S

SoWat!

I think we all have, at some point, wondered what our faction mates must be thinking when they play, so it's not just an NC thing.

I think, with respect, that your problem is you're dying too much! What I mean by that is, we all go through stages when we seem to die every other second. It gets extremely frustrating when this happens.

Of course there are other times when we do all the killing, and we tend not to rant about those (of course!). I've seen death messages aplenty with you as the killer (and the subsequent happy posts from you), I've also seen your name popup as being killed a lot, and then your posts take on a more negative feel.

It's the nature of the game I'm afraid. We can't all be l33t killahs all the time (unfortunately).

S

Summo

I've been in loads of big fights recently and non of them on Hossin.

Here's an idea... don't go to Hossin.

G

Gekul

What Summo said.

The hot areas seem to change everyday, Hossin is constant, but I've been involved in massive battles on solsar and Ishundar of late (all empires involved).

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by mid_Efour
all TR do is get 3 or 4 maxs in thru a side door and pound for teh win.

TR pounder max's suck if you get up close to them, splash damge aint so nice when your enemy is in yer face :)

M

mid_Efour

heheh 1337 killah lol

yep maybe probably ok to all of the above

i dont mind dying alot to better people but when i have 15fps its just annoying.

but yep

S

Sarum TheBlack

I've been killed by 1337 Killah Efour a fair bit if it makes you feel any better Efour ;)

I avoid Hossin (hate that damn foggy sespit) whenever I can.. I like Oshur and Essamir, usually smaller, but often fair fun, battles there. Where "population lock" (and does Hossin ever say anything else?) says "l33t 3xp h3r3" to everyone else, it says "stay away, frustration here" to me :p

VS can be pretty well organised when we put our minds (or, atleast, our CR5's minds) to it. Other than that, they're mostly the same brand of exp junkie you find in equal numbers in all 3 empires. I'm sure NC and TR are pretty much the same.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by mid_Efour
heheh 1337 killah lol

yep maybe probably ok to all of the above

i dont mind dying alot to better people but when i have 15fps its just annoying.

but yep

Get to BR20, you'll find the appeal of 200 people rushes wains a lot.

M

mid_Efour

last post b4 i go outside in the real world for a change,

I prefer LARGE fights, in my opinion smaller ones = day of defeat or another FPS type game. This game is too big for small fights o_O
Big fights cause Big lags, agreed?
As NC it is "usually" the case that 75%+ of our population are on hossin. Hossin is a horribly laggy place with very poor visability.

Everyone ends up at hossin its like emain and NC are the hibs, we have to fight thru hossin before we can play on the better places. (yes i know we technicaly dont, but its a figure of speech)

B

bone_idle

I think some of the problem is people abusing the HART/waypoint/pop lock 'bug' if it is a bug.

Its probably overloading the individual continents which in turn is causing the lag. I know shed loads of TR do it. I can only guess that VS & NC do it too.

:(

S

Summo

I agree - of course PlanetSide was made for huge fights, but I wish there was a way of knowing what was going on a little way out of view. For example, recently I was pounding away at some base until the AMS was lost and I had to spawn elsewhere. I found that there was fighting going on in this new location too. In fact, more by chance than anything else, I found the front line was actually stretched out almost across the whole continent. Not just at that base I kept spawning at at all.

It'd be great if a dynamic map overlay could be created over the top of the main map. Something akin to a WWI trench map, I'm thinking. Something to basically show the big picture and the direction of battle.

Maybe then you'd get great bridge battles, valley ambushes and the like. This whole game is so wasted just doing base fight after base fight.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Come and play WW2 online with me, it's not as pretty as PS, but it's a lot more realistic and you feel like you're part of something worthwhile.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Summo
I agree - of course PlanetSide was made for huge fights, but I wish there was a way of knowing what was going on a little way out of view. For example, recently I was pounding away at some base until the AMS was lost and I had to spawn elsewhere. I found that there was fighting going on in this new location too. In fact, more by chance than anything else, I found the front line was actually stretched out almost across the whole continent. Not just at that base I kept spawning at at all.

It'd be great if a dynamic map overlay could be created over the top of the main map. Something akin to a WWI trench map, I'm thinking. Something to basically show the big picture and the direction of battle.

Maybe then you'd get great bridge battles, valley ambushes and the like. This whole game is so wasted just doing base fight after base fight.

Get a high CR then :)

A dynamic front-line diagram is way too noobish even for PS, you want the guns to point and shoot themselves as well?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

What is n00bish about that? It's a good idea actually.

I really don't like base/tower fights - no tactics involved whatsoever. Never
Quickly tossing some grenades around a corner to soften up a nest of stubborn defenders? No way - you lob your plasma grenades, get shitloads of grief because some Jackhammer wielding twit has to run down the stairs straight into the enemy supression fire.... oh - then I get pushed into their field of fire because 30 other morons are pushing me down to get mad killz 4 teh win. :rolleyes:

The best battles are the rolling, dynamic ones in forests or open field a la the famous battle of Bitol a while ago.
That's why the frontline overlay is actually a good idea.

/end of teh mad rant

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Get a high CR then :)

A dynamic front-line diagram is way too noobish even for PS, you want the guns to point and shoot themselves as well?

TR already got them :p

omg is this a flame? :flame:

no :D

M

=M<P=Xerxes

Yeah! I like the big field battles, from one base to another, great fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom