Boy jumped to death after playing WoW?

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
Blizzard faces a lawsuit from Chinese parents, who say World of Warcraft caused the death of their son.
November 18, 2005
In the latest saga over online gaming addiction in China, the parents of a 13-year-old Tianjin boy are suing the makers of World of Warcraft, blaming the game for the death of their son, according to the Chinese news agency Xinhua.
The parents filed a suit against Blizzard Entertainment on Wednesday, saying their son jumped to his death while reenacting a scene from the game, the report said. The parents are backed by the anti-Internet addiction advocate Zhang Chunliang.
Mr. Chunliang has spoken to 63 parents whose children have allegedly suffered from online gaming addiction and plans to file a class-action suit, according to the report.

Wtf?
What scene from WoW?

Gray

FH is my second home
I think it was...

In Ferelas, you get teleported to this guy on a HUGE mountain who gives you a parachute to use to jump down.

Perhaps the kid tried to use his jumper or maybe an umbrella?

HMMM

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Kid should have known you need a Long Tail Feather to pull that kind of stunt

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I think Blizzard should counter-sue because if the kids parents had of bothered schooling their kid in COMMON FUCKING SENSE. He might not of thrown his body to certain death. Sue them for being sued by them.

Light

Loyal Freddie
maxi said:
I think Blizzard should counter-sue because if the kids parents had of bothered schooling their kid in COMMON FUCKING SENSE. He might not of thrown his body to certain death. Sue them for being sued by them.

lol

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
test of faith in thousand needles!

you get teleported to the top of a cliff and have to jump down :p

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I'm gonna sue the makers of The Matrix, because the people I killed last night, were real!! :(

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
It's sad when people die but in this case it's also one less dipship to polute the gene pool.

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
he probably killed himself because china has a new law which means he could only play 4 hours of wow every 24 hours and so got depressed and suicidal?

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
The scene theyre talking about is from the opening movie where the human mage is throwing fireballs from a tower.

ian_heaps

Fledgling Freddie
It's a shame he's died, but it's also oneless fucking idiot in the world:eek6:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
surely its the parents fault for letting him play the game?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
no sympathy from me here. if the kid were so fucking stupid, he had what was comming.

and his parents should follow coz his idea were probably the best insted of suing blizzard.... >.<

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Kids do stupid things when they're excited, its the responsibility of adults to try and keep them from harming themselves. Some of the people posting here should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree trying to sue Blizzard is a pathetic response to a tragic accident, and is yet another example of the no-blame culture we can thank USA for.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Indeed, a tragic accident, but not Blizzards or any game companies or games fault in the least. It is the parents responsibility to care for, safeguard and educate their children.

tsaxpinoula

Fledgling Freddie
i think that these parents cannot accept that was THEIR fault of this boy death. dont blaim a company if you ALLOW your son to play a game and when you accept the cod that company did. i am not say that company is a "saint" but i play and i know the risks of playing mmorpg`s as also they were knew about (i hope) or else they let a 13 years boy to do whatever he do. if the boy had this freedom he may have done something more violent.lets say for example get a gun and kill anyone.

Nive11en

Fledgling Freddie
Obvious parents fault. 13 years is old enough to know that if you fall, you will get hurt. Parents, don't make kids if you can't teach them certain values and common sense.

However, the kid just might have died of an unlucky accident, something that could happen to each of us. Add to that parents frustrated with his child gaming. Add to that a journalist looking to make cash with some news story (shocking article = more cash). Easy to blame, easy to believe. :m00:

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Garok said:
Kid should have known you need a Long Tail Feather to pull that kind of stunt

haha was thinking that aswell, levitate rocks/mage version.

or if he was in druid cat form he woulda been alright :( are they sure he didnt slip? :(

Bone's

Fledgling Freddie
It's a sad fact that some people do these type of things, for themselves and there loved ones, as it can only bring misery to them all, my heart goes out to his family for there loss, but in saying that, i feel that we now live in a socity that promotes law suits.

(EVER HAD AN ACCIDENT THAT WAS NOT NOT UR FAULT IN THE LAST 3 YEARS AND YOU WAS NOT TO BLAME, THEN CALL THIS NUMBER BLAH BLAH BLAH).........

But there is the parasite that thrives on misery (solictors/lawyers), i can only think that this kid was a bit messed up in the first place, but is a shame that the parents think that by sueing a company for there loss will help them get over the loss (are as messed up as there kid was)

/mourn

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
The least Blizzard can do is award a free full rested bonus.. or even 2 or 3 free days:twak:

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt doubt that maybe the parents were low on cash an set up the kid so they could jump on the bandwagon an gain some moolah.
because unfortunatly there ARE people like that in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom