Bournout 2 on the GC: Corrupt save games

W

WPKenny

Does anyone else have problems with constantly corrupting savegames?

It's a pain in the arse. I managed to complete all the crash for cash things in Gold medal position, and was over halfway through the races and stuff. Throughout playing I get told that the memory slot is corrupt so I delete it and re-save and all is well for a while.

This isn't a problem cos it's mid game so I just delete and carry on. Trouble is the other day I switched on and was told the memory slot had corrupted. No amount of re-trying and re-inserting the memory card woould work. I was even able to copy the save game to another memory card but it still insisted it was corrupt.

So basically I've lost all my progress and I really CBA to go through it all again knowing that I should fucking have to.

This error happens on both an 8 meg unofficial card and a 4 meg official one at random times when it goes to save.

This is the ONLY GC game this has happened to me on. I mean I've got Soul Calibur 2 and we all know how often that writes to the memory card and it's never corrupted it.

I just wondered if anyone else had this problem and if there's any way to get around this corrupt memory file I have i.e. to recover it?

C

CptDoom

I had this withh SSX tricky on the PS2.

I remedied it by going down to shop with both items pretending to be a clueless customer demanding your cash back for faulty products. As in my memory card too. I did however swap games as i never worked out how to sort it, i even rang EA to shout at them.

Clueless really as to how to fix it, i do have to say the gamecube does seem a little buggy at times, tho the most ive experienced is resets and 'blue screens'

O

Ono

I've only ever had this problem with unofficial memory cards.

Went out and bought an official Mem 251 and it never happened again.

Defo the Mem card. Dunno why your Mem 59 does it but it shouldn't.

M

ManDevil

Do you have any saves off import games on the same memory card, as that could have done it (best to have a seperate card for US/Jap/UK).

C

CptDoom

Originally posted by ManDevil
Do you have any saves off import games on the same memory card, as that could have done it (best to have a seperate card for US/Jap/UK).

Never thought that :p

W

WPKenny

There may have been other save games from other regions on that particular memory card. I can't remember. When I decided to use the official memory card I moved/deleted a lot of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread