Impressed Bought a new 3D tv.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So, just recently bought a new 3D tv.
LG 42LM669T.

Must say i am really pleased with this one. Fairly cheap also, paid about 400~ £.

Supremely good looking TV, very decent passive 3D; got four goggles in the package, so a few mates and i were watching some 3D demos. Will get back when we've tested it with "real" 3D movies. Previous Matrix movie will be given a go.

Good amount of connectors on the back as well. 4 or so HDMI connectors. Also, an ethernet contact. Just recently moved in my new apartment and did not have any router or so, everthing seemed lost when i could just connect it directly to the wall socket.

Able to surf the web, thought, goes slowly as the processor is not that fast. Has multiple applications as well, that may or may not be useful. Netflix, Viaplay, etc.

Can recommend this TV if your budget is somewhat limited.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Seems about standard for v now youdidntsay if it was LCD or plasma. I have plasma for my main tv. And LCD for bedroom both 42inch and dlna / internet capable. Hope you have a blu ray attached. As mostly everything elsebis 720p

But I don't rate 3d that much.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Went LCD, mostly because i never bought one of those plasmas bfore. Which plasma model did you get, and how's it working compared to a LCD? Any noticeable differences other than quality wise. Yeah, have been looking into blueray players; can you recommend something? Perhaps getting a PS4 for that purpose. Needs a new pair of speakers as well because it's like someone the sound is produced from empty tin cans inserted inside the TV.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Test it out with counterstrike or some other game that can be displayed 3d from your PC. Let us know how it is :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
LCD has a tendency to be viewable from a limited angles where as plasma doesn't. Tho LCD have been getting better at this. I think there's no switching pixels black to white to black again delay in plasma. Although this is very quick in modern LCD panels now.. Plasma has some burnin issues that LCD doesn't. Plasma only comes in the bigger screens. Maybe look at those sound bar things you can get if you don't want to fork out for an amp and surround speakers.

I got a panny blu ray player for about 80quid that does the job but a ps4 would do just as well

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Must say, after fiddling about with Skyrim, it did look pretty awesome in 3D. Kind of resource demanding though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
not found the energy or the need to 3d anything at home on a screen .. just wearing those crappy glasses and all puts me right off

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Watched World War Z, The Hobbit and some other movie in 3D. Was great really, even though its passive 3D.

Played some Skyrim in 3D which was fiddly due to the need to install third party programs and such. But still, cooolio.

Not as though i'd sit down myself and watch a 3D movie, but the thing that it came with like 4 or 6 glasses is fun... if you have friends /:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom