Bots

D

dandy

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add bots to a bookable server game, we were a few players short for a team deathmatch and figured we could just pad it out with bots, used the right password then entered the add bot command, no error message or anything just no bot spawn, any clever tech advice much welcome.

Cheers

DandymanX
Global Village Idiot

I

iggy^

I dont think there is any way to enable the bots for online use, sorry.

T

theriven

Ask around in any irc clan channel for teams of your level of play, im pretty sure u will get a praccy game somewhere.
I mean ya only need 4 (if ya aint got a coach), and aint playing other real people the whole point ?

Have a look at the team listings page on the barrys leauge webby here for the clan irc channels if ya dont know any, or pop into your local server and ask some1

B

BootLace

Well, if the q3 server in question has "+set bot_enable 1" on the command line that starts it, then if you know the rcon password, you can just do "rcon addbot xaero 5 blue" etc.

I doubt that bot_enable is set though, as it allegedly causes higher CPU usage, even if no bots are running (I'd love to know why).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom