Bots on bookable servers

F

fof-diesel

Hi, I'vejust made my first booking on game.net and was wondering if it's possible to add bots when we are playing on these servers?

F

FragFodder

If memory serves....

I dont think it is. The server returns an error saying something like "only the server may add bots"

But you could always try the rcon anyway as I say, my memories poor at the best of times and I've slept since the last time I had the rcon to a bookable :) :p

FF

F

fof-diesel

OK - I tried...

/rcon addbot janeway 2 blue

but it just did nothing so I presume this has been disabled?

F

FragFodder

Possibly... Bond you know anything about this m8?

FF

B

Bondie

i dont beleive bookables support bots in the servers..... its mostly for online players ^^

D

[DAD]Monty73

Its not that Bookables don’t support bots its that you cannot add bots to a server that is password protected. Basically the Bots cannot enter a password to get on so when you key in the addbot command nothing happens.

If you changed the server so that it didn’t have a gamepassword but had a private password and changed the private clients to the maximum number i.e. if the server takes 32 players you can set the privateclients to 32 then you need to enter the private clients password to get on. Doing it this way allows you to restrict access to the server to the public but you and your mates can play with/or against bots.

The problem is that I don’t think you can RCON the main password away from within the game I think it needs to be setup before the booking happens.

Unfortunately you cannot remove the main password on BWBookables as it would make the server public, which is something they don’t want. The only way round this would be to rent a server and set it up how you want it. Game.net servers are very expensive, especially if you want a public one; and you would need a public one to do this.

I does work though as we have a couple of bots on our server and instead of shutting the server down for matches and training we just change the private clients to the max and enter with a password.

If you do decide to do this and you connect with the all seeing eye or a similar program it will say that the game is full because it will see the game as having 2 of 0 players on their, you need to force connect to get on!

F

fof-diesel

Thanks Monty. The comprehensive reply was much appreciated and very helpful!!

Users who are viewing this thread