Politics Boris

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Did anyone think that in the first place? Russia has been a democracy for about five years in its entire history.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i dont belive putin ordered it, as it could so clearly backfire on them , but its still a bit sad , could even have been his "friends" cos you can get plenty of milage out of martyring people

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure we live in a democracy, so the ruski's don't even come close...

Embattle

FH is my second home
i dont belive putin ordered it, as it could so clearly backfire on them , but its still a bit sad , could even have been his "friends" cos you can get plenty of milage out of martyring people

No but at the very least the environment has been created by him that makes such events more likely.

Mabs

No but at the very least the environment has been created by him that makes such events more likely.

to be fair its an environment created by Stalin that has continued since then with only slight changes in appearance

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
to be fair its an environment created by Stalin that has continued since then with only slight changes in appearance

It was an environment created long before Stalin, he was continuing a tradition that went back to the middle ages. Russia has always been the home of authoritarian rule and secret policemen

Embattle

FH is my second home
Indeed but Putin has certainly done quite a lot to excite the issue over his time in office.

Mabs

ex KGB man in doing what he knows best shocker ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Russia and Soft Power

The above is a fab radio program about how Russia appears on the surface to have a western style democracy...
Got about half way through on the way home. For those that didn't listen the big take-home is how much control Putin and his people have over the media and politics. The opposition parties that are allowed to take part in elections are actually controlled by Putin's machine and specifically set up to have very niche views which make Putin look reasonable in comparison. TV interviews have scripted stooges giving the opposing views. It looks like a debate or an interview but it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom