Bored? Think you are Clever? :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
1,660
rightyho.. try this one for size..

Tom Dick and Harry are after some Mp armour.. but they kinda busy so they each give their guildie, Sally, 10p each..

Sally finds all the armour they after and wow.. it only comes to 25p..
hmm.. she thinks.. they expected it to be 10p.. so she pockets 2p for herself.

Sally goes back to Tom Dick and Harry and gives them 1p back each

they are happy.. they have only spent 9p each on their armour when they thought it would cost 10p

now.. 3x 9p =27.. and Sally has 2p.. total 29p

where has the other plat gone? :eek6:

have fun :)
 

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
2,871
If youl eave the 3x9+2 bit out its easy :p

25p to crafter
2p to sally
1p to tom
1p to dick
1p to harry
 

Cyfr

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,726
Cozak said:
25p to crafter
2p to sally
1p to tom
1p to dick
1p to harry
Quoted this because it saves me writing the same thing out :p
 

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,228
I left questions like this back with GCSE maths. Come here so I may slap you. :twak:
 

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,076
it disappears in the rounding

each armour costs 8.3333(etc) plat

Sally takes 0.66666 plat of each of them

so in total they have each spent 9 plat and then they are given the last plat back making a total of 10 plat each

not sure if that really explains it but /shrug
 

Zebolt

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
3,247
Well it's simple, your calculation is flawed.

They all gave her 10p which gives us 30p. She gives them each 1p back which means she got 27p left. But here is where the calculation in wrong, you are not ment to add her 2p she took to that number but withdrawn which equals to 25p that were used on crafting.

30 - 3 = 27
27 - 2 = 25
25- 25 = 0

no plats are missing. It's as easy as that, no point in calculating how much they gave her after she took the plats and she gave them back money, it's just extra work.

And pez. Sure your calculation is right, but it is based on this and not the first calculation as you do not add her money onto the base money but to the crafting cost.

[Edit] - Typo!!1 oO
 

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
268
now.. 3x 9p =27.. and Sally has 2p.. total 29p

If the armour cost 25p Tom,Dick and Harry spent 9p each?

25p /3=8.33r

<opens his shop door to Tom,Dick and harry :D
 

Cyfr

Banned
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,726
Your confusing yourself trying to do silly divides and times. It's an add and take question.. :(
 

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Joined
Jan 15, 2004
Messages
2,871
Cyfr said:
Your confusing yourself trying to do silly divides and times. It's an add and take question.. :(
I like the way you think mate :D nice an sensible :)
 

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
891
Zebolt said:
Well it's simple, your calculation is flawed.

They all gave her 10p which gives us 30p. She gives them each 1p back which means she got 27p left. But here is where the calculation in wrong, you are not ment to add her 2p she took to that number but withdrawn which equals to 25p that were used on crafting.

30 - 3 = 27
27 - 2 = 25
25- 25 = 0

no plats are missing. It's as easy as that, no point in calculating how much they gave her after she took the plats and she gave them back money, it's just extra work.

And pez. Sure your calculation is right, but it is based on this and not the first calculation as you do not add her money onto the base money but to the crafting cost.

[Edit] - Typo!!1 oO
u completly right..
but it r better to explain irl instead in forum!!
 

Sub

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 27, 2004
Messages
5
ilaya said:
rightyho.. try this one for size..

Tom Dick and Harry are after some Mp armour.. but they kinda busy so they each give their guildie, Sally, 10p each..

Sally finds all the armour they after and wow.. it only comes to 25p..
hmm.. she thinks.. they expected it to be 10p.. so she pockets 2p for herself.

Sally goes back to Tom Dick and Harry and gives them 1p back each

they are happy.. they have only spent 9p each on their armour when they thought it would cost 10p

now.. 3x 9p =27.. and Sally has 2p.. total 29p

where has the other plat gone? :eek6:

have fun :)
Why are you all trying to make the answer as long as possible? It's a one sentence job.

The 2p that Sally has is included in the 27p and Tom, Dick and Harry have 1p each, which equals to 30p.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom