Waste? Bored of the internet

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean. Other than FH, the odd bit of news and the occasional MTB video there's literally nothing on the web for me.

Yeah, like everyone I use it for shopping, gaming and google maps, but after that?

Maybe it's not "the internet" per se, but websites.

What do you guys and gals read that's actually worth your time? :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Youtube is becoming my go to for infotainment.

Ive even started watching it in company using the generated captions so I can have sound down.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I mean. Other than FH, the odd bit of news and the occasional MTB video there's literally nothing on the web for me.

Yeah, like everyone I use it for shopping, gaming and google maps, but after that?

Maybe it's not "the internet" per se, but websites.

What do you guys and gals read that's actually worth your time? :)

Bit of YouTube, Quora, io9 and a few car sites. That's about it. Almost no social media unless I want to catch up with someone specifically

Job

Tbh so many websites are just infested with scripts and goddam video popups, top and bottom bars, social media links, they often try to fit the entire website on every page.
They cookie the fuck out of you and its too much hassle to go through every sites ad/track settings.
They need to build a giant script removing proxy server.
It would be the most popular on Earth.
I'd pay a tenner a month to use it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Tbh so many websites are just infested with scripts and goddam video popups, top and bottom bars, social media links, they often try to fit the entire website on every page.
They cookie the fuck out of you and its too much hassle to go through every sites ad/track settings.
They need to build a giant script removing proxy server.
It would be the most popular on Earth.
I'd pay a tenner a month to use it.

Adblocker does a great job on that.

Just unsure if you can use it on phone - I have to say I do notice a huge difference when I am on my phone, but I rarely browse the internet on my phone so it doesn't really bother me to find out.

Job

I use mobile adblocker, but it doesnt stop all thise goddam awful formatting scripts, the daily mail is hilarious, if you dont scroll in an exact vertical swipe it takes you to the next article.
My own fault for looking at it really.
Theres 10K lines of code on every mail page...about 200 for the actual content and the rest is , well you can imagine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hating the daily mail and adverts side, Gaff browses a few things and gwad n job youtube a bit.

Any advances on interesting things? i.e. - sites that keep you coming back to catch up regularly?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Reddit gets a bad press but I think it's grand. There are default subreddits which are pretty generic but you sign up and subscribe to ones that actually interest you and then the upvoted content from those subs populates the front page and it becomes a much more customised experience.

Job

Yrsh, obviously reddit, I used to say the Daily Mash, but now its just level 11 middle class, liberal, inclusive patronising, stereotype bolaks.

Tbh Reddit isnt far behind thesedays.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yrsh, obviously reddit, I used to say the Daily Mash, but now its just level 11 middle class, liberal, inclusive patronising, stereotype bolaks.

Tbh Reddit isnt far behind thesedays.

Is that because you find yourself to always be the butt of the joke?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Adblocker does a great job on that.

Just unsure if you can use it on phone - I have to say I do notice a huge difference when I am on my phone, but I rarely browse the internet on my phone so it doesn't really bother me to find out.

If you're on Android use Brave Browser, has adblocking built in.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FH (cos I love it), couple of reddits just to keep track of software releases and thats about it, oh, forgot, 2 private torrent sites as well.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It was formed by one of inventors of javascript who is now horrified at the use its being used for (ads + malware)
So horrified that he is still the CEO of the company and gave this glowing interview just last month at MWC?

Also, the "malware" thing was a Kasperspy false positive which I believe has been addressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom