bored already

E

Esoteric

The fun is in the battles mate, this beats anyother online fps but we do pay for it. So many things you can do with retraining etc. In fact I'd go as far to say that this is the best mmo game going. Tho some old relic raids on daoc used to be fun as well.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Found it incredibly dull and hated every frustrating minute of it until I accidentally (I really do mean this, no idea how i did it) respecced to eng and hacking, I dont even carry a weapon anymore. I realised this is actually an amazing game, I just suck at shooting stuff.

B

bone_idle

Originally posted by old.m0000
as topic :/

only bought the game on thursday last

Dont play it then. Ive been playing 2 weeks now. i love it.

C

Cronn

After tonight i'd have no agree, outnumbered and outgunned at every battle.

Seems every TR and VS either drives a tank, reaver or a MAX.

D

Deadmanwalking

Think of it this way, the more of them the more of them to kill.

Still need to beat my record of 36 :)

R

Rigon-Noir-

The fun is in the battle's, no doubt about that but what blithering said makes a lot of sense, have you tried retraining in different things because there's so many options of how your char can be specced if you haven't tried them all to find what suits you, your probably not giving Planetside a fair chance.
At the end of the day, if it's not for you then not much will change it but tbh, most of the people i play with love it, and in all of the squads i've been involved in, we've hardly ever had 2 exaclty the same specced players so each member always had something to add.

Noir BR12 Adv Hack/Infil/Mosq/AMS/Medic
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

Y

Yoni

I Love the game you can just be who you want to be and with the right support behind you you can be sucessful.

If you are not cannon fodder there is so much more you can do

I am an infil adv hacker adv medic with an ams - loads to keep me occupided during a massive battle and when its quiet. Often I dont kill anyone but usually my trusty cockbadger and I go either sniper hunting or stabbing nmes inside the cloak of their ams hehehehhe

Give it a chance respec and find something else. The other thing is that as your exp grows the more options are available to you and the more you can tailor the game to your game playing style :)

P

[PS]Mung

I have to agree about the respeccing.
I was getting bored, and even cancelled my sub, but then I respecced....

I'm now a hacker / infil / combat eng /(some vehicle or other) and I like it lots now.

Previously I used to just go into battle and end up dead 30 seconds later, now I just sneak around planting boomers behind snipers and going /tell (random deadguy) Boom!.

Just last night I was hiding in a tower when it was stormed by the TR. 3 of em advanced past me to the Control Console, they planted themselves near to the CC whilst it was being hacked.
So I sneak into the middle of them and drop a boomer. Click-boom, 3 dead terrans! And all the time my heart was pounding away, now that's a reawakening.

I think I will renew my sub when it expires....

C

Custy

hmm, everyone seems to get bored of fighting after 2 weeks and respeccing as an infil/solo type guy.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I went the other way. I got rid of my infil suit and became a support grunt instead and am enjoying that (even though I'm crap at shooting people).

I do love respeccing :D

X

Xtro

I'm having more fun than ever - and a lot more than in beta.

What I love as the others have said is repseccing to suit your mood/playstyle for the time being. I also LOVE the fact that soloing is a viable option (unlike daoc). Another thing though is the quality and humour of your team mates if you are in a squad/outfit. Voice comms just makes this game so much more fun. Hearing someone shout "Fat f**king chimp VS tw*t cocktard arsebandit whore just shot me for f**ks sake!" and other quality outbursts adds to the fun ;)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Y0ni
I Love the game you can just be who you want to be and with the right support behind you you can be sucessful.

If you are not cannon fodder there is so much more you can do

I am an infil adv hacker adv medic with an ams - loads to keep me occupided during a massive battle and when its quiet. Often I dont kill anyone but usually my trusty cockbadger and I go either sniper hunting or stabbing nmes inside the cloak of their ams hehehehhe

AHA, so you are Yoni!!!

Cheeky lil cloaker who is the bane of my sniper activities :)

3 times in 1 hour at different areas of Solsar you found me, grrr :)

D

Deadmanwalking

Because you never moved till you had fired like 50 shots :p

Y

Yoni

Originally posted by Faeldawn
AHA, so you are Yoni!!!

Cheeky lil cloaker who is the bane of my sniper activities :)

3 times in 1 hour at different areas of Solsar you found me, grrr :)

As much as I would like to take credit for stabbing you in the nads I cant as I play as NC and unless severly peved I am not in the habbit of turning the cockbadger on its own side

sorry to disapoint

:sex:

K

Karam_gruul

as everyones saying you need to respec and try everything till you find something that truley appeals to you.

at the beginning i hated the idea of being a sniper, i wanted to be a heavy grunt, maybe a max even. but after a few days of using a max and other heavy stuff i decided it was a bit dull, so respecced to mosq, didnt like, the nto reaver, liked even less, then i thought, for a laugh, i'll see what sniping is like. and i love it..

the best thing with sniping is you can wear decent armour and have a secondary good weapon aswell. so when you get into close combat your just as effective. i get an increadible amount of kills sometimes, when theres a big battle, can easily get up to 60 kills in about 15 mins.. if theres enough stupid people standing still.

i dont know how long this game will last for me. theres no way it'll be a classic like UO was, or even EQ.. i doubt i'll be playing it for a year to come. but for the time being its fun and im enjoying it enough to keep playing.

B

bone_idle

Originally posted by Cronn

I dont drive a tank, reaver or MAX. :) I drive a sunderer and a galaxy. :cool:

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Cronn

basicly sums up the last few days

O

old.m0000

the stupid thing IMHO is the damn map that shows hotspots.

basicly means if u go with a squad and start hacking a base, as soon as u kill 1, yes 1 enemy - you get either

a) 5000 of that enemy zerg you
b) 5000 of your side zerg the base and camp it doing fuck all just waiting for the hack that they had nothing to do with.

c) every now and then, equal numbers of each side come along and u have a fucking fun and decent battle but this has happened twice for me so far out of like 25+ base hacks ive been part of.

C

CliffyG

Ishunder last night is what this game is all about, i had a really shite night a few days ago but this more than made up for it. Great fun :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom