Bored all the Katabatic servers?

D

dread

I'm finding it hard to find any decent servers to play on. Most servers seem to be Katabatic only servers. What gives? I know its a good map, but it gets boring after a while. Yet they always seem to be near full. Surley these people don't just want to play the same map all the time. Its doinf my head in now. Might have to ditch Tribes 2 again and play something with more players and thus more chance of map variation. Yawn.

S

Scouse

It's always been a problem with Tribes.

Too many fuckwitts out there fear change - and will only play on certain maps over...and over....and over....and over... ....and over again...

Katabatic does well simply because there's something to suit everyone's style of play. Avalanche in Tribes1 was the same until mine-disking ruined it :(

U

-Ultimate

Most populated base servers left are Kata only, so unless you play classic your pretty f00ked for pub play :)

Also theres plenty of classic mixed pickups on an evening/night if you hang around the right irc rooms to see the join chann.

#idk
#esn

to name a couple.

A

AntiPop

Scouse: I'm sure it's people fear change so much as a lot of people out there simply don't know there is anything else. When BW's servers were public there was always 2-3 other Base servers with good rotations that were full enough. They closed, T2 went through a low spell and it looked like the end. Then Sierra patched the game and loads of people came along to it, but the servers didn't return so all people see is Kata only. Half the n00bs wont go on other servers because they get kicked every few maps for not having the Europack.

For Base servers it's Kata only, Gamesurf freevote/vehicles or the KW server that are normally full (KW is quite good!).

Classic has a lot more choice (about the same choice as KW) with the IDK servers and the eoa servers. Plus if you ping ok to Finland there is always Skene.

S

Scouse

Agreed about the re-release - but when it was about the first time around it was fucking annoying that Katabatic would get voted in again and again and again...

People left the servers in droves because the only maps on offer were Katabatic and Riverdance...

It's the same with different game types. I think a couple of servers went up with CnH on them - and if people had given CnH a go (like they should have the different maps) then they'd have enjoyed it.

It's probably down to Tribes having the longest learning curve of any FPS out there by a long shot. If you can get the map sorted then you can work on the rest of the reason why you're shite ;)

O

old.Ailelun

Katabatic sucks, Classic is teh win SH!

K

karmadt

Originally posted by -Ultimate
Most populated base servers left are Kata only, so unless you play classic your pretty f00ked for pub play :)

Also theres plenty of classic mixed pickups on an evening/night if you hang around the right irc rooms to see the join chann.

#idk
#esn

to name a couple.

#t2.classic gets quite a few as well.
Anyone interested in a BW hosted server for mixeds?
would have to be subscribers only, how many of you are out there?

W

WNxSLoWz3R

Combat PT 3.0

i do Combat PT 3.0... i luv em'

C

Custy

Kata servers are shit.

The gamers.de vehicles only map is sometimes busy and thats ok.

Its so sad, T2 is the best FPS but pubbies are shite and there is not enough interest now to play in Clans/Tribes.

U

-Ultimate

Originally posted by Custy
Kata servers are shit.

The gamers.de vehicles only map is sometimes busy and thats ok.

Its so sad, T2 is the best FPS but pubbies are shite and there is not enough interest now to play in Clans/Tribes.

Theres a Euro classic ladder a base 14v14 ladder(thats struggling atm i admit) and a 10v10 base ladder with 30+ teams

I'd actually say that a lot of people can't be arsed to pub but still play clan games tbh. I know of plenty of clans looking for players too if your interested.

http://tribes2.theladder.org/

A

AntiPop

Originally posted by -Ultimate
Theres a Euro classic ladder a base 14v14 ladder(thats struggling atm i admit) and a 10v10 base ladder with 30+ teams

I'd actually say that a lot of people can't be arsed to pub but still play clan games tbh. I know of plenty of clans looking for players too if your interested.

What he said ^ :)

Users who are viewing this thread