Borders around a video?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've made a couple of animated advertisements to be displayed in a bar. They're all rendered at 25fps at 768x576 and then re-encoded to 720x576 to be dvd compliant.

When viewed on a monitor they look lovely, filling the screen nicely - but on a crt/projector they're horribly cropped and you're missing 10-15% on each side...

Now, I'm one for easy ways out. If it's possible in some application or other to whizz through the animation and resize the image by 80% or whatever and then make black borders around it, that would be great. Moving the camera back and then waiting 2-3 days while they rerender just seems like such a depressing way of having to do this.

The only disadvantage I can see is if I add too much of a border and it's visible (this wouldn't be an issue with the rerender because it would just be more of the background colour in the animation), but I've taken some reference pictures of how they look on the crt's in the bar so I reckon I can guesstimate it pretty accurately...

Anyway, all helpful help is appreciated... :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Render at 1024x576 then use an encoder to squish the image to 720x576. Widescreen DVDs are 1024x576 squished to 720x576 (stored on disc), the DVD player then stretches it back out for display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom