Games Borderlands

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
its been released.
i was in for a pleasant surprise that it ran so well on my old comp (c2d e6400, 8800gts, 4gb ram) with near max graphics. the art style is awesome. but from what i saw, there isnt much variance in the looks of one group of enemies (all the bandits look pretty much the same). i guess later on in the game we will be seeing the re-textured versions, like diablo 2 (red and blue fallen etc). also, the no-hassle lan co-op is great, tried it out for a short while with roommate. havent had time to really get into the game yet, but first impressions are great. seems like a very humorous, brutal and fun game.
i think im in for a long nolife session tonight after my exam.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i was going to get it this week but decided there isnt much point as COD MW2 is out in 2 weeks and i wont be playing anything else after that till MW3 is out lol

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
dragon age is out next week. this couple of weeks is gonna ROCK.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
now this i am looking forward to. Could it be the next Oblivion?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
now this i am looking forward to. Could it be the next Oblivion?

screw oblivion, next baldurs gate is what im hoping for. oblivion was kind of dull, what with with all the characters having the same voice, a boring conversation system, the autoleveling content and weird graphics. you really need a lot of mods to play oblivion and fallout3 and have fun imo.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i dunno i had over 120 hours on Oblivion, i loved it

my original playthrough was pretty long as well, i did most of the guild quests and the main quest and so on, but when i wanted to play it recently, i just couldnt get into it again. it just felt bland doing all that stuff again.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i've done every quest, got the full 1200 Achievement points on it

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
screw baldurs gate, borderlands and oblivion, Super Street Fighter 4 is out in march 2010 :D

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Screw Super Street Fighter 4. All SF games are shit

I say this because i am rubbish at them and any games i am rubbish at are deemed shit

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
dragon age is out next week. this couple of weeks is gonna ROCK.

Dragon Age is that new one by the Neverwinter people isnt it? it looked alright to me, shame there was no MP tho :(

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Screw Super Street Fighter 4. All SF games are shit

I say this because i am rubbish at them and any games i am rubbish at are deemed shit

Go marry bugs bunny. SSFIV will have 8 new characters - yes 8. Plus lots of tweaks and other things. It will be a milestone for gaming.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Go marry bugs bunny. SSFIV will have 8 new characters - yes 8. Plus lots of tweaks and other things. It will be a milestone for gaming.

if its anything like street fighter 4 was i wont bother, it moved like treacle.... give the old street fighter alpha style graphics back any day the new ones are dire.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
if its anything like street fighter 4 was i wont bother, it moved like treacle.... give the old street fighter alpha style graphics back any day the new ones are dire.

SSFIITHDR is my oldschool fix (and sometimes third strike), but SSFIV will be superior to all the other games released within the next two years.

V

VVonk

hah, only a fool would vote for tekken. Wonk is definately right - SF is superior. That megadave guy should go back to his calculator and play games on that, as he clearly can't see the difference between a good game, and a shit game.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
SSFIITHDR is my oldschool fix (and sometimes third strike), but SSFIV will be superior to all the other games released within the next two years.

Found it utter cack, I binned mine it was that shit :( I could have taken it to trade in somewhere but it wasnt deemed worthy. (sf4 that is)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Castlevania 7 on SNES pwns all

(apart from Quazatron, Three Weeks in Paradise, Heavy on the Magick, and Head over Heals on the Spectrum)

quazatron1.gif

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Way of the exploding fist beats IK+ tbh

Loved that game, loved them both infact. I even had a guild in DAoC called 'Way of the Exploding Lurikeen' which was a mana chanter only guild. :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i might be going a bit off topic here but what the hell -

been playing borderlands since i got home, doing co-op with my roommate. we are lvl 24 and its awesome imo, hunter and siren duo, he snipes and uses revolvers (massive headshot damage guy), i run around really fast and spray with my smg.

i love being able to activate my special ability to phase out, having everything around me explode, running next to bad guys to electrocute them, hit someone, burst into flames yet again and then shoot some fuckers heads off with a hail of bullets.
some of the weapons to be found are really awesome, such as a shotgun that shoots rockets, a pistol that fires so fast it empties its clip in a second etc. and the bosses (and other important characters) have awesome introductions.

also, most of the time it seems that the game is holding your hand a bit - you start seeing health potion drops when you are low on health, you see ammo drops that you need more often than those you dont etc. but if you somehow manage to wander into an area too high level for you you are in for a surprise. we had an epic battle vs a horde of bandits 3-4 levels higher than us, running out of ammo half way through. we finished it by using our abilities to kill, picking up whatever the bandits dropped, shooting those guns empty and repeating, until we finally reached a resupply store.

i suspect that it might get a bit boring playing on your own, but with a mate its awesome. the stories for the side and main quests arent badly written either. the dialogue is awesome and so are some of the cultural references with characters names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom