Borderlands 3 Reveal Trailer

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Looks pretty standard Borderlands to me so that's a plus. Seems like that view isn't shared by some of the review sites out there.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks pretty standard Borderlands to me so that's a plus. Seems like that view isn't shared by some of the review sites out there.

Yea, I read people don't like it because its just the same.. I don't see a problem with that, the graphics have obviously been bumped up and to change it any further would remove what made it Borderlands visually. People just looking for something to moan about as per usual.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The release date is hidden in the video apparently - its not official yet like but its said to be October the 1st (which makes sense as October is the 10th Anniversary of Borderlands)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There was a noticeable absence of Tiny Tina in that trailer..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There was a noticeable absence of Tiny Tina in that trailer..

Errr, you do realise it's set 5+ years after Borderlands 2, right? she's not a teen anymore. In the middle.

ssssssssssssss.png

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, that's me out then

Borderlands 3 will be exclusive to the Epic Store on PC

I really don't think Epic are doing themselves any favours. I know they've got the younger generation but one of the things I love about Steam was having all my games in a single library. EA lost any business from me with their stupid Origin shit previously, now Epic are making me think of them in the same terms.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So, that's me out then

I really don't think Epic are doing themselves any favours. I know they've got the younger generation but one of the things I love about Steam was having all my games in a single library. EA lost any business from me with their stupid Origin shit previously, now Epic are making me think of them in the same terms.

Yea, it's like they're holding games randsom, that does more damage to the brands than good.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So, that's me out then

I'm out too. Epic offer a much better revenue share than Steam and along with any financial incentive they are offering the bean counters simply accept the deal and don't care about the gamers. It doesn't matter than the client is horrendous, is decades behind Steam functionality and there is no way to get discount prices from key reseller sites means I'll just wait a year for any exclusivity to expire and get it in a Steam sale some time.

Syri

FH is my second home
Not really interested in the game, but still a bit disappointing to see another Epic exclusive grab. I could understand it if Steam had an absolute monopoly, by which I mean actively seeking to disrupt or remove competition, but they don't... They just happened to be the first to make a digital distribution store really work, and people chose to go with them. There are alternatives, and as far as I know, Valve don't do anything at all to stop anyone publishing elsewhere as well.
What Epic are doing is only going to encourage piracy, especially snatching games that had a steam release already lined up (Division 2 and especially Metro Exodus). I'd much prefer to support a company that's putting in an effort and listening to what customers want, rather than one who thinks the solution to everything is to just throw money at it without thought for the end product, only wanting to feed their own ego.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Exclusives just hurt the community. Same as they do with console titles. I'm not going to go out and buy a console I don't have to play a game earlier. I'm sure it might work on some people but given that many games these days are created on engines that are cross platform (unreal, unity, etc.) it's just a bullshit move whenever it happens.

I'm kinda hoping some of this spurs Valve into pouring a whole heap of time and effort into the Source engine. I think their best method of competing is to go back to what they did with Portal 2. You get a licence for the game and where you play it is up to you (PC/PS4).

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
This seems pretty fitting.

87d8z86ka5q21.png

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Played some over the weekend, whilst not leveling my classic wow hunter, and really enjoyed it. Only lvl 6 and just hijacked a car. Playing the AI robot, the pet + ranged class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom