booze and youth

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I am still ill, but had lots of beers at the enticement of friends. Going home, I met lots of youth who were intent on killing each other in the street in front of my house. srsly, they had guns and stuff. Enticing a few away to a pub with the promise of free beer (to stop the fighting) they proceeded to attempt to mug me just outside the pub, which I had to prohibit (luckily with words) in fucking sight of a police car who did nothing. Wtf?

On Thursday I, the first day I went outside after a week of coughing my guts out in bed (I was ill, in case no one noticed) , some (youthful) belligerent person decided it would be a good idea to call me a nazi SS soldier (for no reason at all, srsly) in the local supermarket. I took offence and proceeded to paste said person into a wall (my fault sorry, I just flipped out. I don't like being called a nazi as some may know), only to be stopped by the supermarket security guard (who was a large boy, really LARGE with a capital L.A.R.G.E.) who proceeded to throw the four youthful people out of the supermarket to my great amusement.

So, imo:

supermarket security guard > police

why is this?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wow, that is some fucked up shit.

The police were probably less interested in doing their job than the security guard. Most security guards are jumped up power hungry shits though, it has to be noted.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Same happens in the UK teeds. One of my many rants about Section 44 and photographers getting stopped, searched and sometimes arrested involves the situation of a gang of youths behaving loutish in a town centre told to "move on" by the police only for a photographer to get stopped and searched the same day in the same place.

So, loutish youths told to move on, photographer stopped and searched.

Fucked up? You decide!

Marc

FH is my second home
Meh, the police. I read about Police in the media, getting awards for bravery and stuff so they all cant be bad, but in my experience, I have no respect for them at all.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Sounds like the security guard saw how it started and realised that they were the instigators, so he threw them out.
Maybe they've had trouble in the past and he wanted an excuse to throw them out?

rynnor

Rockhound
My mate at work lives in Hackney on what subsequently became a border for one of the many gangs - one group of kids was shooting at another kid the other week (kid managed to leg it) right opposite his house :p

Ironically enough the local councils highest crime priority is dogs crapping on the pavement - they are just completely ignoring the constant gang violence lol.

Nothing like living in denial :p

Edit - take a look:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie...d=104765414435485734174.00047bdf16c051178bada

nath

Fledgling Freddie

Having just replayed GTA San Andreas that map you linked is exactly like the map screen in SA where you have to take over hoods by instigating gang wars. Similar colour coding too, looks like KMD could do with some help. I'll grab my AK and some kevlar and head down there to clean shit up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Seriously? Gangs are marking their territory on google maps now? :(

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yup, because ALL teenagers are the same :) we don't go out to have fun, we go out to mug people!

Gwadien

Sorry for that, it was a bit "General" but it pisses me off because most of society these days sees Teenagers as a trouble - and they're not, its GROUPS of people not TEENAGERS, I know for a fact, that its the Families that have unliving, not working parents that are the source of all these problems - Is it the parents faults? - yes, and no, - maybe the parents cannot look after them for a reason, and have brought them incorrectly, but surely its up to to society and education in order to sort them out? There's a well known "gang" around where I live, and they're only known through fear, they think they're respected through it but no, not really, not at all, but that's what they THINK because no-one has the balls to tell them that they aren't respected otherwise they would get stabbed.

Look in America - there's alot of gangs, i'm sure alot of the families either do not care about their children or do not earn enough money to suit their childrens needs, but there's not really a society to back them up on that.

So when they grow up, they're after that money that they've never had to buy the luxuries that they see other people have, or they do it for attention that they've never had in their life, and getting it from role models from TV etc.

A classic example is this - I go to my grandparents house, they instantly assume I know something of a stabbing or of a mugging because I'm a teenagers, and I know all teenagers who are criminals.

I'm just generally sick of people catergorising "Teenagers" and "Youth" as people who go out looking for trouble.

Gwadien

Because people have being saying "Youths" and "Kids" when most of them aren't actually "Youths" or "Kids" there just usually targetted because it would be unacceptable for other people to see that our "Adults" are what they are, so they target them at a young age and then in the firing line of the media.

and yes, I have read the thread.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Teenagers are nothing compared to the wanker uni students who get wasted and start kicking the crap out of each other every friday and saturday night. Not to mention the 20-30 year olds off their faces on drugs who decide taking a knife to one another is fun.

Welcome to Glasgow, the sweaty arsehole of Scotland.

Gwadien

Teenagers are nothing compared to the wanker uni students who get wasted and start kicking the crap out of each other every friday and saturday night. Not to mention the 20-30 year olds off their faces on drugs who decide taking a knife to one another is fun.

That pretty much explains the point i'm trying to make.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No one said teenagers though, you've decided on your own description of "youth" without asking teedles.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
TdC simply said that the people he encountered were youths, not that all youths did the things he described. Who the media is targeting and youths being stereotyped as troublemakers doesn't really relate to the thread.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.

Glasgow is ace, what you describe sounds like... the UK in general.

Jeros

Part of the furniture

And i thought Edinburgh was rough.

Had some 30-40 somthings try to nick my bike, that pissed me off.

My roomate got beaten by some guy when said guy had walked up the street attacking homeless beforehand.

Cant say i have seen any students beating each other up tho......

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
You should see Sutton and Croydon at about 1am on a Saturday morning and Sunday morning.. =/ Makes me sick.

EDIT: I fall into this sorta, I'm 22 and I drink (Granted, not very much any more) but I've never felt the need to mug somebody, swear at people randomly, call people ***** for fun, beat up people. Makes me sick, why can't people just drink, then go home without acting like a twat. Annoys me. Happens a lot in my uni (The drunk sweary part) and I can't really believe it. Sheesh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You should see Sutton and Croydon at about 1am on a Saturday morning and Sunday morning.. =/ Makes me sick.

EDIT: I fall into this sorta, I'm 22 and I drink (Granted, not very much any more) but I've never felt the need to mug somebody, swear at people randomly, call people ***** for fun, beat up people. Makes me sick, why can't people just drink, then go home without acting like a twat. Annoys me. Happens a lot in my uni (The drunk sweary part) and I can't really believe it. Sheesh.

No you shouldn't I am out in Croydon most weekends, and you just don't see trouble anymore. A few drunken idiots, but nothing like what has been described by others.

Overdriven

Oh, so Croydon has improved then? Makes me feel a bit better now. Might be going out this weekend, hopefully you're right.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well it hasn't been anything t worry about for years and years, infact I've never seen any serious drama apart from the football riot a few years back.

Overdriven

Thursday nights were quite bad, a few issues when I use to come back at 2-3am. But then, not been there in 2 years at night.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sorry, when I said youth, perhaps I should have clarified. at the time, I was *easily* the oldest person in the street and I'm 35. The people I spoke to were 20 at the most.

no offense Gwadien, but if it was people my age brawling in the street I would have simply called the police and gone inside. It was because they were clearly younger that I tried to employ some sanity and calm things down. As a result I was almost involved in a fight and nearly mugged. Next time they can kill each other for all I care.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My mate at work lives in Hackney on what subsequently became a border for one of the many gangs - one group of kids was shooting at another kid the other week (kid managed to leg it) right opposite his house :p

Ironically enough the local councils highest crime priority is dogs crapping on the pavement - they are just completely ignoring the constant gang violence lol.

Nothing like living in denial :p

Edit - take a look:

Hackney Gangs - Google Maps

Its funny, ive lived in Wood Green for over 10 years now and everyone goes on about how rough the area is, ive never had a problem. I used to live next door to a gang member and we got on great always morning etc

My housemate and I used to walk past them everyday and were always polite to us, have a banter etc. They were more interested in fighting amongst themselves and other gangs than people not involved

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its funny, ive lived in Wood Green for over 10 years now and everyone goes on about how rough the area is, ive never had a problem. I used to live next door to a gang member and we got on great always morning etc

My housemate and I used to walk past them everyday and were always polite to us, have a banter etc. They were more interested in fighting amongst themselves and other gangs than people not involved

Cor blimey guv'nor, drug dealers daan our way, salt of the earth, only ever murder their own, apples and pears, my old man's a dustman, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom