Confused BOOTMGR

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Would it ever get put onto a different drive during windows setup? Been at the ex's place for christmas and took my Movies drive with me. Forgot to bring it back with me tonight and got the "BOOTMGR is missing" speil. Used the installation disc to repair it but it seems too much of a coincidence...

Poag

m00?
Under certain situations the bootloader can be installed to a drive thats not your windows drive.

Yes and its highly annoying. I have windows on a 64gb SSD, but the bootmgr is on a spindle 500GB drive, for no apparent reason. Taking the spindle drive out left windows reporting there were no hard drives installed. Yet it was quite happy to install tot he SSD.

**Windows**

soze

I am a FH squatter
It will install on Disk 0 so if the other disk was 0 and your install disk was 1 then yes it would go onto the other disk. If it installed it on disk 1 then every time you plugged disk 0 back in it would fail to boot. You can change the disk priority on the BIOS and make sure the disk you want to be primary is top of the tree as disk 0 or the first in the list is the one you want to have the bootmgr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom