Booked server problem!

O

old.Mandy

Hi all.

I'm a newbie here and have a question. I booked a server for our UiQ clan last sunday on server 6. The problem was, that anyone who didn't move for 10 seconds was kicked. Spectating was also impossible and when you got kicked, there was another problem. When you reconnected again, there was a password problem (invalid password). The only way to get in, was to quit your game and start over again. We changed the interactive, but it still happened. Are there more players or clans with this problem?

Greetzz from Mandy.

C

Chameleon

Hi

Getting kicked from the server usually occurs when someone connects with a password, the password is changed while you are on the server, then when a game is started, a map is changed, or similar event occurs, it picks up the person has the previous password and kicks them.

The fact that people were kicked, then found that they had the wrong password when they tried to reconnect seems to indicate its related to clients on the server having a previous password set, or joined the server when it was passwordless (or private clients were not set) and didnt enter the password before an change of some sort on the server.
Do they use gamespy and maybe entered a password previously in the password box?
The method to use which will cause least problems is to startup q3 yourself, by executing the .exe (i.e. not doing it through gamepsy or similar browser), then bring down the console (key left of 1 and above tab) and type

/connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
/password yyyyyyyy

obviously where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP and yyyyyyyy is the password.

I know this doesn't entirely explain the problems, but I wonder if some of what you describe could be interpreted the way you describe at the time.

Ch@m

O

old.dredded

Errrrrr))

ive seen this on a few servers at barrys,
seems if u sit there on a server (bookable)
u get kicked due to Inactivity if u are a spectator.
jeez u only have to walk away from the computer to take a pee
for 2 mins and u return and u are out the server.
Ive tried to set this with the admin password ?

// g_spectatorInactivity <value>
// Specifies the time (in seconds) that a spectator has to sit idle
// on a server until they are automatically kicked from the server.
// A value of 0 disables this option (the default). A value of < 0
// will prevent any spectators from remaining on the server.

But this doesnt do nothing.?? so i guess its a setting that u cant vote for or change,,,Maybe somebody could take a look at barrys to see if the 10sec before your kicked is a little on the Very low side and change it to 3 mins ,,at least then we can take a piss ??,
Maybe the guys who set up the servers at barrys dont piss ??
lol.:)))))))

Joking aside,,i have seen the error first hand,,and ive seen guys
get dropped from the server(lots of em),
Please can someone change it ?? anyone ??

:upyours: :upyours: :D

N

natrat

It's probably the inactivity timeout beign too low. I'll check it out.

N

natrat

Inactivity timeout is off on the bookables - i'm not surei f Russ did this though. If you get kicked for beign inactive again, please let me know the date, time, booking ref and the server and port.

cheers,
n

O

old.dredded

Here Buddy )

Barrysworld Bookable quake3 arena 213.221.174.71:27965

this is where i seen it last ))
Tks :)):clap: :D

N

natrat

Yes, but when? If you see it *again*, let me know :)

O

old.Mandy

Hi.

Last time we had it was yesterday. Sunday 04-11-2001.
We had a booked server at 213.221.174.71:27965 From 21.00 UK time. During 120 minutes.
Thanx for the respons. All others too. Hope it works better next time. :)

Greetzz from Mandy.

N

natrat

email me directly if it doesn't, and let mek now which mod/config you used.

cheers,
n

O

old.Mandy

Booked Server!

Hi.
We still have problems with the booked servers. Or maybe also not lucky too.
Friday, we had a booked server UiQ and Friends. And even members from 3 clans could not connect or were kicked off. It happend also when you was playing after 25 seconds. Tonight our booked server was not online. We saw some booked servers comming online. Like 213.221.174.200:27965.
But not ours 213.221.174.71:27965.
Because of all this. our clan did not play at all yet and no practice.
We play 130 OSP CTF. I wonder if there is something like support?
Because we get desperate :)
Greetz Mandy. :)

N

natrat

Unfortunately this is due to a bug in point release 1.30, causing all sorts of problems when a server has been running for some time. I have rebooted the servers and hopefully they are working ok now.

regards,
nathan

O

old.Mandy

We thought so too. But i think more an 130 OSP problem in combination with using password. Because, we don't see this problem on other 130 servers or 130 OSP servers. And we played on different day's on Barrys booked servers. And always about 9 or 10 PM. So i hope, next time it's working on that time too. :)

N

natrat

Make sure you set the ref password, as it can be used to perform many rcon commands if rcon isnt working.

O

old.Mandy

Hi.
What about the ref password? Is that a kind of rcon too? I already wondered about it and asked others. Most think, its a password, you can't do something with. So maybe you can explain? :)

Greetz Mandy.

N

natrat

If you are running a mod like OSP or Q3F and some others, it uses a Referee password as well as an rcon password. With the ref password you can perform many admin functions like map changing, round resetting etc. Take a look at the docs for the gaem you are playing (OSP or the mod) to see if it's suprted or how to use it - or you could try posting inthe Quake 3 forums here.

Regards,
nathan

O

old.dredded

Say Mandy ??? :)) hehe

Hey Mandy ,,hows about we talk on Phone sometime ??

Are u up for a date with the DreDD :))))))00
Icq me Babe :)
:D :D
XXX

C

Chameleon

Ch@m slaps dredded about with a large trout :)

The 'refpassword' and 'ref' command are best used when possible over the rcon command in osp. Certainly in older versions of OSP and possibly still now, you could mess up a server by using the rcon command when the ref command can be used in osp. It could be contributing to your problems.
As already mentioned, read the docs, 'osp-q3-Commands' within the osp/docs directory would be a good place to start.

The command

r_help

while on an osp server will give you some useful info too.
Sounds like the servers have some problems too tho.

Ch@m

O

old.Mandy

Re: Say Mandy ??? :)) hehe

Originally posted by dredded
Hey Mandy ,,hows about we talk on Phone sometime ??

Are u up for a date with the DreDD :))))))00
Icq me Babe :)
:D :D
XXX

If you make the tea. :p

Greetz Mandy. ;)

O

old.Mandy

Hi.

The server was great last night, Natrat.

No problems with inactivity or other things.
Thanx all for the help. And also all the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom