Bookable Servers

B

bigfoot

After a long, long, long, long (you get the idea) wait, we finally have a pair of Bookable servers for you to use and abuse:

GAME.NET Bookable - BattleField 1942 (1) 213.221.176.52:14567
GAME.NET Bookable - BattleField 1942 (2) 213.221.176.52:14568

These can be booked here, remember you only need to be a Suscriber to book the server, not to play on it. They support both normal BF1942 and the Road To Rome expansion pack and are currently running Version 1.3.

There are a couple of things to note, mainly that the servers will not change name to your booking name because there is a smallish character limit on server names for BF1942, also the settings are displayed with their game names so if anyone has any links to server guides they would be useful.

S

Scooba Da Bass

game.serverAlliedTeamRatio

Controls how many players the allies get to every 1 the axis get, for a normal game, leave it at 1.

game.serverAllowNoseCam 0/1

Allows pilots to press F9 to remove the cockpit display when flying.

game.serverAutoBalanceTeams 0/1

Will automatically even up the teams when one team has 2 or more players than the opposition.

game.serverAxisTeamRatio

Controls how many players the axis get for every 1 the allies get, for a normal game, leave at 1

game.serverBandWidthChokeLimit

Controls the maximum bandwidth that a single player can receive rom the server.

game.serverCoopAISkill

Sets the skill level for the bots when playing a co-op game

game.serverCoopCPU

Sets how much of the CPU time should be dedicated to the bots in a co-op game

game.serverExternalViews 0/1

Allows vehicle drivers and pilots to press f10 through to f12 to see external views of their vehicles.

game.serverFreeCamera 0/1

When killed allows the dead player to use a free cam until they respawn. Setting this off will hold the camera on whoever killed them.

game.serverGameStartDelay

The time in seconds before a new map starts.

game.serverGameTime

Time limit per map, 0 is unlimited.

game.serverKickBack

Percentage value of how much FF damage done to their own team is kicked back onto the player doing the damage

game.serverKickBackOnSplash

Percentage value of how much FF damamge done to their own team by splash weapons (grenades, exp pack) is kicked back onto the player doing the damage

game.serverMaxAllowedConnectionType

The maximum allowed connection type. 'CTLanT1' will allow everyone to connect.

game.serverMaxPlayers

Maximum allowed players

game.serverNameTagDistance

The distance you will be able to see name tags in game metres

game.serverNameTagDistanceScope

The distance you will be able to see name tags using the sniper scope in game metres.

game.serverNumberOfRounds

The number of rounds played per map

game.serverScoreLimit

The score limit in TDM and CTF

game.serverSoldierFriendlyFire 0/1

Sets FF on or off for soldiers firing on their own team

game.serverSoldierFriendlyFireOnSplash 0/1

Sets FF on or off for soldiers doing splash damage to their own team

game.serverSpawnDelay

The length in seconds of the delay before respawning

game.serverSpawnTime

The length in seconds between respawn waves

game.serverTicketRatio

Percentage value of tickets per map

game.serverVehicleFriendlyFire 0/1

Sets FF on or off for vehicles firing on their own team

game.serverVehicleFriendlyFireOnSplash 0/1

Sets FF on or off for vehicles doing splash damage to their own team.

game.setServerWelcomeMessage0-4

Sets the welcome message displayed on joining a server. Up to 4 lines long.

mapRotation - advanced

Allows you to set what maps are part of your rotation. Setting maps that can't be played in other game modes will result in a server crash when they are loaded.

This is a list of the maps for Conquest & Co-op:

game.addLevel Battle_of_the_Bulge
game.addLevel Battleaxe
game.addLevel Berlin
game.addLevel Bocage
game.addLevel El_Alamein
game.addLevel Gazala
game.addLevel GuadalCanal
game.addLevel Iwo_Jima
game.addLevel Kharkov
game.addLevel Kursk
game.addLevel Market_Garden
game.addLevel Midway
game.addLevel Omaha_Beach
game.addLevel Stalingrad
game.addLevel Tobruk
game.addLevel Wake

This is a list of maps for CTF:

game.addLevel Battleaxe
game.addLevel Berlin
game.addLevel Bocage
game.addLevel El_Alamein
game.addLevel Gazala
game.addLevel Kharkov
game.addLevel Kursk
game.addLevel Stalingrad
game.addLevel Wake

And this is a list of maps for Team Deathmatch:

game.addLevel Battleaxe
game.addLevel Berlin
game.addLevel Bocage
game.addLevel El_Alamein
game.addLevel Gazala
game.addLevel Kharkov
game.addLevel Kursk
game.addLevel Stalingrad
game.addLevel Midway
game.addLevel Omaha_Beach
game.addLevel Tobruk

W

wildie

em

if they running rtr aswell as the normal bf 1.3 those without rtr installed cant join them, is this right?

cos at the mo i seen 3 types of servers bf 1.2 bf 1.3 rt 1.3

someone clear that up please.

S

Scooba Da Bass

If a server is running the rtr mod you need to have it installed to be able to join the server

A

adams901

But you should be able to join if the people booking the server are not playing RtR and you have 1.3 Patch installed.

V

van

when i try to book the bf1942 server it tells me please try again later it could be me but i hav booked a woly server any idea's

thanx

S

Scooba Da Bass

Is the time you are trying to book free?

V

van

looks like from here i only seen 1 bookin for both servers

B

bigunKH

Bookable probs

yes both thursday and friday we had probs with servers,after each map the server crashed,all the maps were correct all ctf.
had to go back in and reset server, it done exactly the same thing on friday night only way around this to get a decent game we found was to remove all maps and just have 1 map,take the game time off and put flags up high also ive sent a form into support for any help on this?

B

bigfoot

I'll make sure the support form gets looked at, the lads did as much testing as they could but obviously there are a few bugs here and there still be ironed out.

I

iff_prodigy

sorry if this is a daft question but is it possible to have a co-op game on the bookable server. In the dropdown list it just gives CTF TDM and conquest as the available configs...

Or does this has to be sorted out through RCON once your on the server? If this being the case where can I get hold of a copy of all the rcon cammands so i know what im doin...if Rcon is given that is...

Sorri but never booked a server before an really dont have a clue...

U

urz

I have booked a server for next week, can we admin from a remote manager (such as black bag ops) and am I right in thinking that we can change all settings other than the player limit?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by iff_prodigy
sorry if this is a daft question but is it possible to have a co-op game on the bookable server. In the dropdown list it just gives CTF TDM and conquest as the available configs...

Or does this has to be sorted out through RCON once your on the server? If this being the case where can I get hold of a copy of all the rcon cammands so i know what im doin...if Rcon is given that is...

Sorri but never booked a server before an really dont have a clue...

I've never actually seen one way or the other commands for adding bots to a co-op game that's in process on another machine. As for the rcon commands I'll stick up a guide as soon as I've finished typing it.

N

natrat

The crash on map change problem I've fixed, was an oversite by a colleague who uncommented a naughty line of perl. All tested and fine now.

As for co-op, we don't actually support it - it's even more CPU intensive than the already horendous use.

Regarding remote rcon apps, yes they should work, the port to connect to them on is your game port +1000 (so for bookable 1 on port 14567, the rcon port is 15567).

cheers
nathan

U

urz

Thanks for the response, the server played great with no problems. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't get a few members out of that as all my clanmates were commenting on the low ping and smoothness of the server. Does anyone experience any problems with a full server - we only had 14 at most.

With the remote recon's what should the username be, I have put a password in, but I need a username as well

Thanks in advance

I

iff_prodigy

Yeh thanks for the speedy reply :)

Same question realli. what username should I put on my remote console?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Normally this is a line you set in the settings.con I'm not sure if there is an to set it as yet, or if it is a combination of others. I'll ask Nat how it works with the gm3 system and if there's no way to set it if such a thing can be added.

N

natrat

lo chaps...

username is "admin". This should be clearer now as it should come up on the first page of the booking form. I've also included the remote admin port on that page.

Servers should be fine up to 32, although we need to be sure about this - when we see them full we'll judge, we may need to put them on 28.

enjoy!

U

urz

Thanks again for the reply. We have booked some more time on Sunday for a friendly interclan, and we should get a few more on then.

We will try the RCON then as well.

S

Scooba Da Bass

In light of the remote admin line being enabled I'd recommend that anyone booking uses the Black Bag Ops Remote Manager infinitely easier to use than the supplied remote console.

One thing to remember is that changes such as FF are not remembered across map changes and will revert to the settings you picked when booking.

Q

quercus

Bearing in mind the recently released 1.31 patch, how can you check the version of the game that the bookable servers are using?
I know someone that booked a server Sunday but it was still 1.3 so he couldn't use it!

Q

quercus

Thanks for the quick reply Natrat.

Is there any way I can check the server version without disturbing you guys?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Bring the server up in ASE and you'll have down in the server info section the version the server is running.

Users who are viewing this thread