Book vs. movie

asarithia

Fledgling Freddie
A clockwork orange.
Which one do you prefer (if you've both read the book and seen the movie of course)?
I prefer the book although both the book and the movie has its parts.
For all I know, the book has two endings. Two different books with different endings. i've only read the "hollywood"-version which has the classic hollywood-ending where he gets back to his old knid of thinking. still a great book I must say.

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
The ending you describe is if anything the non 'Hollywood' ending. The other ending he meets up with Pete (I think, I've not read it for a while) who's now married. He feels jealous of the relationship with his wife and starts imagining coming home from work to a fire and a hot meal.

"First of all, brothers, there was this vesch of finding some devotchka or other who would be a mother to this son. I would have to start on that tomorrow, I kept thinking".

It's a more 'complete' ending, but isn't really in keeping with the rest of the book.

I do prefer the book over the movie, but Kubrick's vision of the world is fantastic. with the exception of the car it's not really aged at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom