Bonedancers VS The other classes/Realms..

acei

Fledgling Freddie
I've not had the pleasure of going against a BD solo as a reaver yet, slam +3-4levi's should do it though even with healing pets i think? Either way BD's are overpowered, if they can survive against a reaver 1 vs 1 it's unfair to all other casters as they can't survive a slam+levi's from a reaver while solo.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
acei said:
I've not had the pleasure of going against a BD solo as a reaver yet, slam +3-4levi's should do it though even with healing pets i think? Either way BD's are overpowered, if they can survive against a reaver 1 vs 1 it's unfair to all other casters as they can't survive a slam+levi's from a reaver while solo.

nerf reavers then, they can solo other classes, that's so unfair
;)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
There are a few classes that can kill a BD. Smart infils can normally do it. There 9 sec DF normally is enough time to to get the most of the BD's hp, with a frontloaded PA. If you can front load enough damage, then its a done deal. Its even easier if the BD has gone out un buffed. Unbuffed you are looking at a caster with about 1K hps, who is still wearing cloth armour.

Its also worth pointing out, that that the healer pets do not start healing straight away.

There alb mercanies tend to work through me quite quickly.

To be fair, against most casters (without pets) I hold an advantage, but would I need a insta lifetap, if casters weren't so god damm easy to interrupt. I have a RR5.3 BD and a RR6.5 Runie. The runie was a walking rp cow. Espcially when cold debuff was shortened. I wouldn't even have wasted my time taking him into the frontiers any more.

I think the problem is, and I am as guilty as most, is that until you actually play the character you are moaning about as being over powered, you only ever see the positives and not the short comings.

My personnal favourite Mid caster is the Dark SM, with a full buffed pet and MOC.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
My opinion about the only classes who can kill a bd with 50/50 chance:
1) Air theurgist (easy imo, if aoe mezz doesnt get resisted that is or the bd doesnt purge :/)
2) Bolt caster (you need to have full range advantage but that isnt gonna be easy. Even if you have range you prob. wont take the bd down with 2 bolts so you'll die eventually)
3) Sc'ed/Buffed sb/ns/infil (won't be hard to take a bd down with the pa chain)

Imo those are the only 3 classes that can take a bd down with some easy. Other classes will have a hard time 1-on-1. Also a moc caster will always beat a bd but you'll need a RA for that which costs a lot so not every caster will have moc.

So it takes tactics to beat a bonedancer and he can counter those tactics. Surely this is how the game should be played, where skill is needed to win out. If you are up against a dancer who purely lifetaps with a few darkness nukes then use the correct tactics to defeat them, if they counter then change tactics. TBH I think too many people are too reliant on certain simple tactics in all situations and don't adapt and work out what they need to do. Whether it's infs spamming dragonfang, bonedancers spamming lt or tanks spamming slam till it lands rather than taking each situation and working a way round it.

Basically you are saying a lot of classes can't always beat a bonedancer, well, that's tough on them, my main is a thane, there are lots of classes I struggle against, doesn't mean all of them are overpowered (although I took down a highish rr paladin the other day just me and my bot and was very impressed especially when he killed the bot and popped ip and I still won... That was a VERY long fight thought and i burned through all my power using my instas!)

Cozak

Part of the furniture
acei said:

Does the job for me in duels, dont deal any damage before you slam or healer pets will start healing, them all you need to do is blow a lot of damage at the same time, conquer2h DD, pbaoe, sledgehammer2h usually = dead bd.

acei

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
nerf reavers then, they can solo other classes, that's so unfair
;)
At melee range casters aren't meant to be able to survive unless they use a form of CC or MoC.... but at melee range with a tank a BD can survive and can kill that tank = overpowered, i know of no other solo caster that can survive at melee range with a tank without using either crowd control or MoC, do you?

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
acei said:
At melee range casters aren't meant to be able to survive unless they use a form of CC or MoC.... but at melee range with a tank a BD can survive and can kill that tank = overpowered, i know of no other solo caster that can survive at melee range with a tank without using either crowd control or MoC, do you?
My Sorcerer can survive in melee with (some) tanks without resorting to CC or MoC.

Oh, and solo BDs are just rp fodder for my Reaver ;)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Pin said:
My Sorcerer can survive in melee with (some) tanks without resorting to CC or MoC.
Your sorc can survive verus a warrior/zerker/savage/hero/champ/blademaster solo at melee range without using any crowd control or MoC? How do you beat them solo without using either of those things? lol

Also VERY glad to hear that reavers can beat BD's solo, i thought we would be able to due to levi damage :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
acei said:
Your sorc can survive verus a warrior/zerker/savage/hero/champ/blademaster solo at melee range without using any crowd control or MoC? How do you beat them solo without using either of those things? lol

Also VERY glad to hear that reavers can beat BD's solo, i thought we would be able to due to levi damage :)

I've actually seen a sorc killing a lvl 50 bard/champion (not sure which one but it was a hib tank) with melee when the tank was on 50% hp...He had a healer pet charmed (the hib frontier one, which also yellow stre/con and dex/qui + spec af buffs :worthy: ). The hib tank just couldnt outdamage the heals from the mob :0. And when the qc is up the sorc would eventually qc->lifetap but for the rest of the time it was melee...And the pet was on passive so just staff damage killed the hibbie :)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
I've actually seen a sorc killing a lvl 50 bard/champion (not sure which one but it was a hib tank) with melee when the tank was on 50% hp...He had a healer pet charmed (the hib frontier one, which also yellow stre/con and dex/qui + spec af buffs :worthy: ). The hib tank just couldnt outdamage the heals from the mob :0. And when the qc is up the sorc would eventually qc->lifetap but for the rest of the time it was melee...And the pet was on passive so just staff damage killed the hibbie :)
I've seen the movie, it was a bard lol a very gimped/dumb one, he should have done his best to mezz the pet then killed the sorc. Bard is not a tank, my rejuv/enh cleric can/has solo'ed them :p

Landar

Fledgling Freddie
in duels with tanks, my SM very rarely loses. and although thats starting at range, it often finishes at melee distance.
but then, that'll start a whole new whine about sm pets :)

acei

Fledgling Freddie
Landar said:
in duels with tanks, my SM very rarely loses. and although thats starting at range, it often finishes at melee distance.
but then, that'll start a whole new whine about sm pets :)
Our pets don't Intercept ;)... 2 Overpowered mid casters ;) LOL

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
boneys arnt that great i killed 2 of them by accident with my lvl 50 animist ok so the complete cripples wondered into my shroom field after i shroomed up

not with gimpy lvl 5 pets but with my top of the range level 50 pets then aoe nuked them. The first bd too insta life tapped me got about 15 level 50 pets nuking the crap out of them the big troll dude then died next then the other bd sort of hung around and then died.

I laughed soooooo much ok i was dead after the first one died but i still laughed. Why didnt they run away i mean after they died in about 3 hits i cant wait for the shroom nerf so many of you going too be crying when you hit animist shroom fields when the mushrooms are lvl 50. And ill have mezz remove spell as well \o/

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
I could understand the "nerf BDs" posts if the servers were full of rampaging FGs of Bonedancers. As things stand BDs are a fairly rare sight and as has been pointed out numerous times hardly unkillable in any case.

What's wrong with a mage class taking out a melee class in case? Alot of mage classes can do that with MoC for example. Doesn't mean MoC should be removed from the game.

BDs are, in reality, hard to level in PvE (there's not a great deal a self sufficient class with mediocre damage output brings to a group) hard to get grouped in RvR (too many opted groups). Only groups of BDs are any threat to most RvR groups and these are rarer than the poo of rocking horses.

Camlan is where BDs do get a chance to shine it's true. However you need ALOT of patience since BDs (and animists) are KoS to most players making it hard to level. You play the class you pay the price tbh :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom