bollocks!

C

Custy

Just found out my switch card wont work, so once i have bought it on thursday, i hve to go to bank and wire it through, says 2-3 business days after they get get it for activation so it could be not till tuesday/wednessday next week before i get to play it :(

fs, im gunna be a lil twatty n00b compared to u guys when i am finally playing

ah well

J

Johnny Bravo

We're are all n00bs at some point m8, so don't take it too hard. I haven't got that much time to put into the game so am I sure there will be people less experienced than you.

Oh and the reason I really replied was just to point out that you are right in that you can't use Switch, but if you have a Delta card (which is a debit card) then you can use that to get auth'd :D

C

.Cask

Nah wouldn't worry about it. The boxes seem to be pretty scarce in Europe so loads of people will be starting over the next few weeks as it becomes more available.

Just do a couple refines of Arkonor and you'll catch up with everyone in no time. Only prob is the nearby systems will be mined out so you might have to do some exploring :/

C

Custy

:/ i only have switch and solo :( oh well, it's not a disaster, gwas gunna get it thursday but im going out thurs and friday nite, working sat and sunday and doing stuf turesday naite so i would only have been able to fit in a couple of hours worth of gameplay over the few days i would have had anyway.

E

Embattle

You get 1 month free when you buy it Custy....am I missing something?

J

Johnny Bravo

Your missing something embattle :D

You dont get your free month until you activate an account and to activate an account you need a CC or to make a wire transfer :(

C

Custy

oi git! :)

aye, he's right, so where the CredCard people get their free month without paying a single penny, i have to wait for a lump sum of $40(ish) to get to them before they activate me (they only accept 3 - 6 month lump sums for wire transfer), this is crap.

This will also lose them alot of customers since people who are in GAME one day looking what to buy (who don't have CC obv) where they might have looked at EVE and thought "yeah", they arn't going to want to wait 3 days before they can play it and will turn to something else they can play out of the box.

Can't even wire my subs early intime for getting the game cuz i need to send my CD key :/

T

Tom

How to make SWITCH to SWIFT

Category: EVE Game News | Author: Dancer 21:26, 12. May 2003

Earlier we informed you that Switch Cards will not be supported by EVE (to pay your monthly fee). Booster from S&SI kindly informed us (meaning: he was in total shock when he read the news *g*) that this information is actually not quite correct. Not to say it is wrong. But what we all couldn't know (but could have guessed) that the payment method "Swift Card" - that you can find under "Other payment methods" when registering your account - is actually the payment method "Switch Card". A simple typo caused the confusion... although you would think that most probably the employee who typed the word fell on the keyboard to get that unexpected result. :)
So, our best recovery wishes to that employee and many thanks to Booster for the information.

C

Custy

Update by Dancer:

Booster from S&SI (distributor of EVE) just commented on this news saying:

When you sign up for EVE and get to the payment options screen.. there is a choice to take credit cards or other.. choose Other. You can then choose to either use EFT (Electronic File Transfer) or Switch Cards. Campion tells me there are 70 people online using Switch cards. Let me know if that helps.. -Booster
Looks as if they are implemented already, I hope things get cleared on this. If we spread a wrong news, we are sorry, NeoMorph acted with the information he got. Please keep us updated in the comment section of this news on this.

This is certainly great news, if this is true that means ill be playing by thursday :D :D (smiles all round)

Thanks sooo very much Tom

C

Custy

damnit by clickin on user comments to that news post it seems this doesn't work. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom