Boldiam and Sauvage this weekend.

F

Falcon

I've never really been to Sauvage an awful lot before, but having a CS in Boldiam this weekend was the perfect opportunity and I have to say, I had a great time so many one vs ones, so many hit and run kills, where sometimes I got away, sometimes I got caught. I've never seen so many See Hidden assassins before as I have round Sauv but it didn't matter, it didn't spoil the fun, it added to it knowing that I was being pursued without stealth to easily save me. Hiding behind trees, hiding in long grass to survive bought back to me the reasons for choosing a ranger when I first started the game. The scariest part is, I actually got use my bow a fair bit, hitting from the cover of trees and so on.
The most memorable moment had to be where a group was chasing me, I got fairly deep into the forest and was DoTed so couldn't stealth, finally managed to and one clever wizzy was running from tree to tree PBAEing to try and uncover me, close but no cigar I'm afraid, noticing he was doing this I took a sit down in the long grass instead well away from each tree and the poor bugger ran right past me to the next tree he was intent on PBAEing ;)

Sadly although I heard about them and saw their death spam I didn't encounter any Mids there all weekend, so maybe next time Svartur and Jehanuum ;)

Thanks to the Albs I encountered for some very honorable fights.

Finally, er, please Alb can we have Boldiam, I'll swap it for nGed or Behnn or something because they suck, can we, can we, can we :) ?

T

the_smurflord

GET ORF MA PROPERTY!

<stops whittling and goes to get his shotgun>

F

Falcon

But it's so nice there! the Green Knight even spoke to me, I even wanted to take one of those cool little black cats home but Lirian nuked it :(

O

old.Gombur Glodson

You got green nights?
Cheat!!
Mines are usually black or very dark.

:p

O

old.Tyraette

:) ah...ze 'ibbie skum fanally show zemselzes to ze enemy.

Vell, mai yong frend, ve haff vays of keeking yur azz.

I admit I saw your spam, adn I did actually consider going looking for you. You and Revminster are the only rangers I actually know of to be honest, and I've never fought one one-on-one. Was only because I was showing my rl father the hadrians run <watch out for Pred, lvl 42 inf :p> that I didnt.

Come on down often Xest, welcome to Forest Shaeffer. Come unbuffed, and come alone, and we shall dance the dance of the dual wielders :)

Sauvage fighting is ace, it really is. I love it :)

S

Svartur

Welcome to our party Xest. ;)

Having a CS in alb frontier is perfect. Just get ressed and run back. :)

Was hardly online this weekend though otherwise I would have joined your spamming to lure Schaeffer out to our forrest. ;)

Sma though needs some spanking. Ran into hibs spanking albs so I engaged the hibs. In the end 3-4 hibs where stuck on me and Sma attacked me!?
Must have really hurt her sometime to choose targets like that. :(
She has a nice looking ass etc but dont stare to long, she hits hard.
Probably not a problem for you though, I am slash vulnerable you are slash ressistant and Sma is a buffed slashfiltrator. :p
Though she often run in group with see hidden so beware of her nasty habits.

Schaeffer though is a nice chap, save your purge for his dragonfang. ;)

O

old.Tyraette

oi, sma's a sweetheart, and no buffbot there :)

just do as i do and spam /cheer at her :)

OUR forest?!?! Forest Shaeffer thank YOU <hmmph>

S

Svartur

Of all the times I have encountered her on my own she has only been unbuffed once so I am pretty sure she has access to something you dont Schaeffer. ;)

And yes, its OUR forrest to. We spend at least as much time there as you. ;)

F

Fafnir

Wonders who thougth some certain sb was a mob in the forest. :)

O

old.Vae

I can certainly say Sma doesn't have a buffbot and the only time she might have buffs is if one of our guild clerics e.g. me is also loitering around somewhere with a group.

S

Sarum TheBlack

Sma having a buff bot has been raised here before.. and it just ain't true. Sma is often grouped with other guildies (and therefore with buffs from one of our high-enh specced, but not buff-bot clerics like Vae and Granne) but out hunting on her own a little way from where ever the group is. It's not quite the same thing.

G

Gran

I be a walking buffbot that sometimes heals as well, shame Sma keeps disappearing before she can have my full loving :p

T

The Real Redi

I do start to wonder why, after seeing eras in enemy hands for days, then watching Boldiam fall and seeing the Hib invasion last night, how come albion have just been sat back and taking it?

Last night, if my memory serves me correctly, whilst i legged it around pennines approx 120 albs gathered outside Excal to repel the threat of a possible Hib relic raid. One of the Templars spent that entire time, and HIS OWN cash fixing the gates - for little/no thanks or respect whatsoever - then the whole albion force either got bored and logged, or just wandered off in drips and drabs and got basted all over the place. We had Sauvage road camped on and off, we had 4 keeps fall and we did nothing in the end. I went to bed rather peeved about the whole shambles.

On another note, s'funny how popular the whole /anon macro has become. Frankly, its shameful that so many albs are prepared to conveniantly disspear the moment theres any kind of threat. Who gives a toss if we don't see your new Necro ding 50 in a week? Albion is becoming a joke since the patch - both Hibs and Mids have camped our frontier and farmed us in HUGE numbers.

At this rate, we may as well just camp excalibur, as our keeps will fall and in the end the enemy will have nowhere left to besiege.

Is it me, or have Albions stopped giving a toss?

N

Nightchill

There was no serious attempt after the first. Albs got bored and logged. It's not *that* despicable ;)

T

The Real Redi

got bored and logged, leaving 4 keeps in Hibs hands, and ticking towards yet another Corpse Summoner in our frontier...

If we want to keep getting pwn3d, then fine, but when we saw the threat after two keeps fell, and still nothing was done. then Berks fell, then Beno fell, and all the time the small group of dedicated albs kept falling over and over trying to hold them off til reinforcements came from excal - oh, soz, that would've made too much sense - lets just log off instead of moving the formidable force out to do some enemy whacking.

Emain is a place for suckers who will be the first to moan when we loose the relics, but still won't come back to albion, in fear of missing out on yet another pointless MG camping/Zerg/DC taking...

It appears many people would rather see us hold DC and the MMGe than any of our own keeps... lame. Im getting really disilussioned with Albion, the only reason i stay is my guild and the few who actually enjoy the game still...

/salute all those who _ALWAYS_ respond to threats, you know who you are, and /STFU those who sit in Emain and whine that Albs don't make the effort - you are those albs, and your right at the same time, so stop talking and get your arses back to albion from time to time, huh?

N

Nightchill

I generally agree with what you're saying but last night there didn't seem to be any iron-fisted organisation. Previous times when there's been a strong leader, we've worked fine. It just needs someone to take responsibility, sort the cg, talk to group leaders, and get it working.

P

Piojo

btw to the ppl complaining about ur land being invaded.

Emain=hib we get it every single day :eek:

D

Derric

Spent about 5 or 6 hours fighting about Albion keeps today and Lord Sursbrooke didn't help out at all. :eek:

F

Fightersuntzu

Can we have like, a move RvR back to emain week? :D

F

Falcon

It's been nice having what Alb and Mid have always had with emain. For the last few days, we too have had guaranteed RvR just a few mins away instead of having to run all the way from Ligen to Emain just to get zerged.

Sauvage has been great and not because of the relics, because it was a large amount of small scale RvR without very much travel time. I doubt however I'll travel to Sauvage now we don't have a corpse summoner though, it's just too much travel time and I don't fancy spending half my in game time travelling, watching for agro mobs and patrols.

Would be nice if Hib could port to say, Crimthain just like Mids can to MPK and Albs to APK but lets face it that'll never happen, and emain is forever the place where Albs/Mids will get a massive amount of convenient RvR, whilst we'll have to travel forever, go to Hadrians where it's dead, or go to Odin's to be hit by the Mid zerg afraid that a lone Elf is going to somehow steal their precious relics if they let him past HMG :p

Hopefully we'll get another CS again soon as it's been the best RvR for a lone ranger in a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread