Bobby Womack passes away

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Made some fairly awesome music over the years. RIP.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Thats shit :( I was never a fan but his last CD was brilliant (Bravest Man in the Universe) and when interviewed he sounded like a brilliant bloke.

TdC

yup. a mate even went as far as to say that he was the last of the great soul singers.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
yup. a mate even went as far as to say that he was the last of the great soul singers.

Hmmm, he could be right you know, there are some decent up and coming artists I guess but none will be legends. Marvin Gaye was the last great one for me, no one but no one can touch Marvin as far as I'm concerned.

TdC

Thing is...these people were so damn talented and did not skimp on the sharing: they did stuff for themselves but also for other artists. People could take up old songs and have massive hits (Rolling Stones for example). They were, with almost no exceptions, incredibly prolific, making tonnes of material. Also they were all genuine characters.

I am leary of the new crop of good guys simply because nothing is new and they stand on the shoulders of giants, not to mention the manufactured artists who are just bland faces on corporations. I think there is a vast difference there compared to yesteryear.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
RIP. Played Across 110th Street in a few times in the car today.

TdC

hehe @Olgaline last time I saw a documentary with Smokey, and I was like "please retire". Dude looked like crap 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom