News Bnp

Genedril

Part of the furniture
While that's quite interesting; to say that BNP voters are ill educated or lack social cohesion is quite a sweeping statement.

It may be a factor but then I could equally make the sweeping statement that in times of crisis voters often polarise their views towards the political extremes (the rise of the Nazi Party in pre-war Germany being the example most often used in this instance but can equally be applied to Latin America in the 80's).

Not that I'm having a go for bringing this up; it's just that there are more factors at play (though this is indeed a factor).

I, personally, think that one of the real issues is that education in this country has not been geared towards teaching people to think for themselves for a long time and is now all about teaching the kids to pass exams and get the grades. Basically what the old O-levels were accused of doing but it seems worse now than it used to be - though that could be my 'rose tinted better in my day (tm)'' specs.

I'm sure that the teachers here will tell me I'm wrong and it's changed from when I tried my hand at it ;).

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
It's election propaganda.
IPPR is a Labour mouthpiece. They suggest a policy, Labour takes it on. I didn't see anything of substance and it was in fact a reiteration of Labour's policies.

I don't support the BNP. Everyone knows I'm blue for this election. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom