BM's - Pierce, Blades or Blunts?

K

Karlo

As the title says, Id like it if you could all give me your opinions on what you use. Why its best, which styles you use, damage output, front loader or not etc.

Be good to see a well rounded approach to the subject.

Thanks guys

E

elerand

I went pierce to take out chain wearing support classes, blunt or blades is a better frontloading option IMO.

If I changed I would go back to blades, just cos it's all about da blades!
I like diamondback, I like the positionals in pierce but mostly I think it looks stylish :D

C

censi

see so few BM's with shields.

Minimal less offense to be able to slam and guard.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by censi

hehe thanks censi ;)

E

elerand

Originally posted by censi

Don't have mastery of blocking ra for bm's tho.

S

Sharma

Blunts get a nice stun chain (or style) off parry, 9 sec if my memory serves me correctly.

S

Spamb0t

id go pierce.. same reason as elerand posted.

or if ur more of a soloer i guess blunt is nice with parry/stun style

T

Torvarg

I'd say pierce to, our 3 BM's in our 'RvR-group' will ll be pierce for the simple reason that chain is weak against it =)

L

Lupin

have mine now shield blunt spec for pve
give stun style in cd imo ;>

L

-Lillo-

Pierce has the only decent stun style imo. Evade works better than parry and DB is more likely to succeed than the second style of a chain after parry.

Also, since u get advanced evade, you can evade from a 360 arch and perform ur DB on any invader (as for as i know).
Parry works only in a limited range infront of you.

K

Karlo

Thanks for the input guys, but having played bm to rr6 what I was after was Damage tables etc ;) I know the advantages with wqeapon types etc, but we've not had any "real" comparison :p

And your stats, weapons you use with them etc, thanks :p

T

talivarevil

Blades seem to do far more damage than blunts imo and like some1 said the parry stun in blunts doesnt land that often.If u plan to be ALWAYS grouped then go no quick and pierce for + to support but if u plan to solo or solo and group then go blades with max quick cus u still do same damage in groups when fully buffed as pierce and u also do a lot better solo. IMO anyway.One other advantage pierce does have tho is its got the best availablee frontloading drop ingame for bms(broodmother fang).

C

chrstffr

50 Pierce, 50 CD and 28 who cares :rolleyes:

For a celt though, blunt for a firby :)

K

Karlo

I started with blunts but after checking weps out etc I thikn Im goign to revert to pierce with my singhle line respec at 40 :)

Thanks all.

P

-palan-

well can't say much bout it, but that my bro's a blunt master and he luves the dmg out put and styles.should remember Galagandreiz the never gonna be 50 BM :p

well he eats most classes in duels even the 2lvl above him lvl50s.might be cuz he's already higher rr than most overs at his lvl =)

tbh i'd say pierce tho, less effected by str/con debuffs. and diamond back rox with the follow up. i tried to compare and test my dmg out put on my ranger, with 44blades compared to 44pierce, mostly tested on assassins and archers as i mostly fight those.
the dmg with pierce was higher and the lack of a stun style in the blades line kinda was a negativ point aswell.

hope it helped u're decision atleast a bit :D

G

Gahldir

Pierce, cuz BM is teh supportkiller in hib.

but I doubt pierce is the best choice for the solo RvRer

Users who are viewing this thread