BM spec

K

Kaiaa

Hi this has prolly been posted b4 but has anyone tried or experiemnted with the following spec?

39 Piercing
39 celtic dual
42 sheild and
31 parry

helpful reponses appreciated :)

Cheers
Kev

S

StormriderX

I think miril uses that spec or something to that effect (with blades instead of pierce) and in the times I've grouped with him the bugger cheerfully slams his opponent then dual wields on em. However switching between shield and sword is a pain in the arse specially in zergs and/or massive lag.

N

Novamir

yea it's not as simple as slam, then switch to 2. you ahve to change from ur bag ://

M

Miril

My spec is 44 blades/42 Shield/34 CD/31 Parry

Slam rox of course, and being able to guard someone decently is very handy in some situations as well..

But yes switching from S/S to 2 weaps is a pain in the arse, and its not always useful (as your 2nd weapon doesnt always swing), but i'm getting the hang of it now, and it certainly makes rvr more interesting ;)

K

karlophin

Miril = Gimp ;)

Hehe, nah its a spec worth using mate, if ya can be bothered with the hassle of it.

Ive tested a number of specs on gorre and still find 50 pierce/crush 50 cd and 50 parry to be the best :p

S

spankya

Originally posted by karlophin
Miril = Gimp ;)

Hehe, nah its a spec worth using mate, if ya can be bothered with the hassle of it.

Ive tested a number of specs on gorre and still find 50 pierce/crush 50 cd and 50 parry to be the best :p

How can get 50 pierce, 50CD and 50 parry?? U dont have enough points for this?

K

Kobold

Originally posted by spankya

maybe he is just uber! :D

Btw you don't have to switch weapons in inv I think to switch from shield, just put a 1h in 2h slot, shield in left hand and 1h in right hand slot and make shortcuts to LH and 2H slots, easy switch imo :p

Never tried it though..but should work :m00:

K

Kobold

Originally posted by Novamir
yea it's not as simple as slam, then switch to 2. you ahve to change from ur bag ://
Guess nova is teh n00b then :wall: :p

N

Novamir

just going on what Aragvain said from when he was a slam/bluntmaster.

E

elerand

Ignore the others, I'm the shield/pierce expert here ;)

My spec is 50 pierce, 42 shield, 36 parry, 16 CD.

I have +14 CD for when I want to use two weapons, got duellists reflexes, and was using two weapons for most of my time in marfach caverns last night (got the dirk off the red lady :D), honestly so little difference, flurry dmg is ok and I hit offhand 1 in 4, sometimes 1 in 3.

I don't bother to change over in rvr, I just pick the config I feel like playing and go with it.
Hence why I use a med shield, better for defense a bit slower than a small shield, I'm using a lvl 40 epic one but the bonus is only 25%, +6 shield tho. Need to remember to dig my deathwatchers out my vault.
Personally I find my spec great for taking out thrust weak support classes, even one handed and slam is a good style.

So, you need to make a choice, if your running around with a shield is 39 CD really worth it, considering you can make it up with +to CD and duellists reflexes, weapon less than 50 is a bit pointless, it'll cripple your base and style dmg, not worth it IMO even for a more versatile spec.
Either my spec or Mirils is the way to go if you want a shield master, although one with max weapon and less parry is doable as well.

M

Miril

Originally posted by old.Eternal[EW]

Btw you don't have to switch weapons in inv I think to switch from shield, just put a 1h in 2h slot, shield in left hand and 1h in right hand slot and make shortcuts to LH and 2H slots, easy switch imo :p

Never tried it though..but should work :m00:

It doesnt ;) The weapon you put in the 2h slot always goes in your right hand...

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by Erekrose

Yes it does.

No it doesn't

Not for a CD/DW spec anyway.

Team Leads (both merc and BM) been asking for a way to switch to shield without having to access inv for months. In this months Merc report yet again...and will prob be in next months

A

AbPoon

Bm's with 42 shield? hahahaha

Make a hero mofu's if you wanna be a shield gimp.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by AbPoon

Hush - you was owned by a gimp yesterday :p ;)

E

elerand

/em slaps abpoon with a wet fish

then

/em slaps abpoon with 4 defeated shield heros

Gimp is a relative term, if I'm gimped it's because i wear a gag and leather pants with the studs on the inside, just the way you like it ;)

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by stormriderx

Hush - you was owned by a gimp yesterday :p ;)

Was this before my fg took out half of your mini hib amg camp force or after? Killing 9 Hibs out of 16 with 8 Mid's isnt too bad going i suppose ^^

But anyway spec shield if you think that the only way you can posssibly killing someone is by needing a 9 sec stun.

Real BM's are pure cd

S

StormriderX

as I rememeber it my fg wiped you as your group came through amg. I broke the usual rules of engagement of going for mages first by bashing on ya - don't you feel special ;)

K

karlophin

Originally posted by spankya

Opps mistake, was a misprint, ment 28 parry ;) got +16 in items and RR to parry though so its close ;)

K

karlophin

Real BM's are pure cd

My sentiments entirelly poon :) couldn't be without 50 in CD, or 50 in main weapon for that :p

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by stormriderx
as I rememeber it my fg wiped you as your group came through amg. I broke the usual rules of engagement of going for mages first by bashing on ya - don't you feel special ;)

You hit me once styled with one weapon then unstyled, your mage did the damage, we had already took out 1fg+ hibs on the other side of the amg as you know by your ranger as he tryed to shoot me 3 times and missed everytime o_O

We were 7 at that time as our skald got killed while taking on the fg, didnt even know there were more hibs on the other side of the mg, why we got caught unaware.

E

elerand

Real BM's are pure cd

My guess is having LA has spoilt you so much you can't see the forest for the trees!

Lets look at what CD gives shall we :D

Ok, crap styles, nuff said, weapons styles are really much better.
Off-hand swing, with my spec as I said, I can dual wield with little noticeable difference.
Flurry, well sometimes I do pants dmg but it's still over 100 (max is about 200) and i never use it as an equaliser, I use it to take of the last 10% or so of health in conjunction with a weapon hit.
16 CD might sound shite but with plenty of bonuses in it the only thing you lose out on is flurry and we get to use it once per fight if we are lucky, I often forget to use it and have never found myself thinking "doh if only I had used flurry that fight I would have won".

It sucks that blademasters best options include Pierce, blunt, shield, blades isn't so hot for hibs.
CD needs to be fixed, then I'll go CD again...

Users who are viewing this thread