blue screen bastah crash!11

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
right. after formatting my computer and re-installing drivers ect on my mobo disc an such my comp crashes onto a blue screen with what i think is an error report? but restarts before i can even read it.I was told that going into boot menu at start up you can stop it from restarting ya system straight out, but when i try that it just gives me a list of devices to boot from...my HD being one of them.so was hoping for some advice on how i can stop this as its pissin me off :( thanks in advance

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
I (up until recently) had this same problem but with a different game, as well as graphical tears and glitches.

Turns out it was too much dust in the tower. So i took to it with an un-used paintbrush to loosen the dust and a hoover.

All works fine now.

Might not be the problem you have but it's worth a shot and keeps a pc in good health anyway. (I was too lazy to do it on a regular basis previously :p)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Could be a faulty OS intall, could be the wrong drivers... Also could be what BloodOmen said. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Spam F8 when you start the machine, you'll get an option list saying

Boot in Safe Mode
Boot in Safe Mode with Nteworking
Last known good config
Dont reboot if error occurs

if you select that option it should allow you to read the bastard message!

Flintlock

Banned
Spam F8 when you start the machine, you'll get an option list saying

Boot in Safe Mode
Boot in Safe Mode with Nteworking
Last known good config
Dont reboot if error occurs

if you select that option it should allow you to read the bastard message!

Normally what is occurring is a clash - hell forgot the word now? - oh yeah, a conflict going on. Normally when your computer keeps restarting windows xp will 'flag' that place where this conflict occurred. By this I mean it will stop whatever created the disturbance from loading. Sometimes this doesn't work though, as in your case. You can try this though. Hit F8 as your computer loads and start up in safe mode. This will stop any drivers from being loaded etc. Hit start then run and type in 'msconfig'. When the System Config box loads go to Startup and take a look at the stuff that is being loaded. Tick off one at a time and restart your computer. When your computer restarts properly then you will have found the culprit. This won't work with some software though that has dug in too deep in the registry etc but it is a good starting point and will probably sort out your problem. Either uninstall the problematical software or just stop if from auto-loading on startup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom